PDA

View Full Version : Chili Luncheon

BYBBQ
03-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Did a cook for 35 men at a business luncheon meeting. Cooked smoked brisket chili, ABT's, and cornbread. Baked 40 green and 40 red Jalapeno cornbread pepper sticks, large pan of regular corn bread, and 80 ABT's.

Each of the 3 round tables had one of these setups in the center for seconds on the chili and cornbread and lots of butter for the cornbread.
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t299/jsdesign1/Pictures%202010/March/chili%20lunch/CL_0003Medium.jpg

Each setting had a big bowl of chili with a scoop of sour cream and sprinkled with green onion, 2 ABT's, a couple Jalapeno cornbread pepper sticks, and their own little bottle of Tabasco sauce . Alternated the settings with red and green bowls and cornbread sticks.
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t299/jsdesign1/Pictures%202010/March/chili%20lunch/CL_0008Medium.jpg

Thanks for lookin'.:msn-wink:

californiasmokin
03-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Very cool Jim!

Nice touch!

PigCicles
03-07-2010, 08:10 PM
:wow:

That is amazing Jim! If you ever decide to give up cooking you need to take up photographing.

Love the setup and the little bottle of Tobasco is a great touch.

Thanks for sharing this with us. Picture perfect as usual.

Vermin99
03-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Nicely done!!!

tomshoots
03-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Gimmeee!

chadd17
03-07-2010, 10:27 PM
:wow: Looks great. Tell us more about those cornbread pepper sticks.

SmokyOkie
03-07-2010, 10:39 PM
:wow: Looks great. Tell us more about those cornbread pepper sticks.

:whathesaid:

Where did you come up with all the service?

I know of no one that sets a better table setting than you, and like Joe said, your pix aren't half bad either.

Do you think the boys knew how lucky they were to have had you for a host?

:thumbs up::thumbs up:

BYBBQ
03-08-2010, 06:53 AM
:whathesaid:

Where did you come up with all the service?

I know of no one that sets a better table setting than you, and like Joe said, your pix aren't half bad either.

Do you think the boys knew how lucky they were to have had you for a host?

:thumbs up::thumbs up:

The cornbread stick were baked in old Lodge cast iron pans. I collect old cast iron baking pans. I have 3 of these that were only make for a short time back in the late Seventies.
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t299/jsdesign1/Misc%201/100_0270.jpg
It's just a common Jalapeno cornbread recipe that I add powdered Jalapeno powder and green food dye to for the green sticks and Chipotle powder and red food dye for the red sticks.

As for the service, the stoneware ( bean pots,lazy-susans, settings ) I have had for years. I have all kinds of things in it that I have gotten over the years. The black service ( 46 settings, plus some misc. pieces ), myself and a buddy went together and acquired it from a restaurant that went out of business. It was the last of his small wares. He said no-one wanted the black, so we ended up getting it for pennies on the dollar.

Thanks for the complements.:blushing:

BigAL
03-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Very nice look'n table, neat idea w/the food, too.:thumbs up:

How about the chili? Care to share any more info?

Any leftover ABT's? If so, people have talked about make'n them TIB's, turds in a blanket. just wrap them in crescent roll dough and bake/smoke.

Great pix!:thumbs up:

smokinok
03-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Sure was a fine presentation what with the colored cornbread stix. :kewlpics: Wish I was having a bowl of that brisket chili for sure. :thumbs up:

Chargrilled
03-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Jim, love the crocks and setting. Would go for a gallon of that brisky chili!!!:drooling::drooling::drooling:

Shiz-Nit
03-13-2010, 10:23 PM
That looks smokin' good