02-28-2010, 09:06 AM
Do most people use the same sauce for Chicken, ribs, pork, Brisket
or do they change them
Same question with Rubs.

I know people will inject with different things
but Im talking finish sauces and starting rubs

smokinok
02-28-2010, 10:02 AM
I do not do comp smokin but I use a different rub on chicken (Rooster Booster). On Ribs, Butt's and Brisket's I use Head Country Rub:wow:. I sometimes use Big Ron's Just Rub It On as well as his Hint of Houston and also have some Sticky Fingers Rub. The only sauce that I use is Head Country :wings: (Made in Ponca City, OK). I sometimes doctor it up with pepper spices for heat.

Butt Lover's
02-28-2010, 10:44 AM
I think it depends on the team and your tastes. Do what tastes good to you. I don't sauce brisket, both porks get the same sauce and I have no idea what my partner uses on chicken, but whatever it is it doesn't work(lmao) :)

eman
08-21-2010, 06:02 PM
i have came up w/ a sweet sauce recipe and a not quite so sweet recipe.
I don't sauce brisket. I use the sweet on my pork and my allmost sweet on yard bird.
as for rubs i came up w/ a pig rub a while back that is good on pig and bird and am working to adjust it for beef .
hoping to do my first comp next april ,
from what i am hearing, A sweet sauce ,not to spicy and not a vinegar sauce is the way to go ???

SmokyOkie
08-21-2010, 06:15 PM
Use commercial sauces and amend them. Very few win with their own sauces.

BBQ Derek
09-27-2010, 07:27 PM
Use commercial sauces and amend them. Very few win with their own sauces.I used my own sauce and rub at Silverlake, And I did quite WELL :)

But I had a lucky chicken hat though :)