PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for a honey glaze?

gt2003
02-20-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm getting ready to throw 2 racks of ribs on the smoker. I'm toying with the idea of adding a honey glaze at the end. Does anyone have a recipe they could share? I was thinking of mixing some warm honey in with some warm head country and using that. Any other ideas are welcome!

chef schwantz
02-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Used to use equal parts Heinz57, mustard and honey for hams at a place I worked at years ago. Might work for ribs.:shrug:

smokinok
02-20-2010, 04:12 PM
I like the idea of Head Country with the honey and I would add a little extra heat in a chipolte pepper sauce or something to put a little bite in the sweet. :twocents:

SmokyOkie
02-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Butcher's Honey Rub? (http://www.butcherbbq.com/?pg=order)

Turn them meat side down for the lst 2 hours in foil. to the foil, add 1/2# of Parkay, a small bottle of tiger sauce, 1/2C honey, and 1/2C light brown sugar.

Pull the foil up tight arounf the metat side ( which is facing down) but to not close the foil up tight, just fold it tigh to the sides of the slabs.

30 minutes before done, take them out of the foil and discard the juices, drizzle honey over the slabs, then your choice of sauce, then lightly brush to distribute.

BlazerQue
05-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Try mixing some honey with your favorite barbecue sauce in equal parts.