PDA

View Full Version : my offset...

creepyrat
03-20-2008, 01:28 PM
nothing special, wallyworld sells them as american gourmets i don't remember the exact brand.

just big enough to hold 3 butts maybe 4 if they are small,

i put sand pans in the bottom to help hold some heat, did a gasket with some high temp rtv around the door and i flipped the grates in the fire box to get some room for air under the charcoal and woodchunks and in this particular design the smokestack is already down to grate level.

fire control is pretty easy after i did the gasket around the door and wrapped some rocks in tin foil to hold them down tighter :roflmaoha0:.

just crack the fire box vent about 1/8 to 1/4 inch and open up the stack all the way.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/creepyrat/smoker%20stuff/lidlatch.jpg

BlazerQue
03-20-2008, 03:04 PM
mr. rat's tinkering skills on display yet again. :)

glued2it
03-20-2008, 05:40 PM
These little charbroils don't really need much. Like you said flip the fire grates around and Replace the thermo.Truth be known that's about it.

They don't use much lump and hold temps pretty well.
I've only been able to fit 2 butts in mine at a time(7-8lbs).
I've had for about 3 yrs.

They are pretty good smokers.:thumbs up:

creepyrat
03-21-2008, 03:56 PM
all the butts i find around here are barely 4 lbs, i bet thats why i can squeak in 3 lol.

brats, burgers, meatloaf, butts, eye of round are all common, i did find out the hard way its no good for beer can chicken, but i did do a bacon wrapped turkey stuffed with some citrus that turned out well.

peculiarmike
03-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Guess the rock mods are my personal favorite. :roflmaoha0:

creepyrat
03-22-2008, 12:36 AM
lol, cheap and reliable