PDA

View Full Version : Useless info....

Bbq Bubba
02-06-2010, 09:55 AM
A week in the life of a restaurant pitmaster.

320 lbs of pork butts.
128 racks of ribs (all peeled)
250 lbs of brisket
90 lbs of burnt ends
400 lbs of fricken chicken :rolleyes:
35 lbs of double smoked bacon

Can't wait to get back roadside and relax a lil. :cool:

h20loo
02-06-2010, 10:17 AM
All on a UDS?

J/K!!

That's a lot of groceries. I wonder what that works out to in sales.

Vermin99
02-06-2010, 10:48 AM
That's a lot of groceries. I wonder what that works out to in sales.

:whathesaid:

jerry516planes
02-06-2010, 11:38 AM
I am glad you have a paying GIG!! Next time I am down that way I will stop by for some samples:eating:

May the good lord take a liken to ya!!

smokinok
02-06-2010, 12:42 PM
I would guess that many groceries would fetch in the area of $ 10,000.00 & $ 12,000.00. That much "Q" would last me for several weeks at least.
:sign0092: for sharing with us.

Joneser
02-06-2010, 01:49 PM
That's a few critters worth of meat....

Bassman
02-06-2010, 04:02 PM
nopics?:uglyhammer:

SmokyOkie
02-06-2010, 06:17 PM
nopics?:uglyhammer:

:tap::tap::tap::woohoo:

Someone asked the other day when BBQ ceases to be a hobby and becomes a job. I replied "When it ceases to be enjoyable.".

Having fun yet??????

Bbq Bubba
02-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Someone asked the other day when BBQ ceases to be a hobby and becomes a job. I replied "When it ceases to be enjoyable.".

Having fun yet??????

I make it fun still.
I'm my own boss. I run the smoking aspect for the entire restaurant. If i didn't have my roadside vending to look forward to in 2 months, it would be taking it's toll on me already but i look at it as everyday i get to go in and do something i enjoy and it's still very rewarding to have a server come back and tell you all the compliments the BBQ is receiving. :D

tomshoots
02-06-2010, 09:01 PM
:tap::tap::tap::woohoo:

Having fun yet??????

I've had many friends ad associates marvel at my Q and tell me that I should go into business. My reply is: What?? Turn something I do for fun and relaxation into WORK??

SmokyOkie
02-06-2010, 10:12 PM
I make it fun still.
I'm my own boss. I run the smoking aspect for the entire restaurant. If i didn't have my roadside vending to look forward to in 2 months, it would be taking it's toll on me already but i look at it as everyday i get to go in and do something i enjoy and it's still very rewarding to have a server come back and tell you all the compliments the BBQ is receiving. :D

:thumbs up:

Fatback Joe
02-08-2010, 08:44 AM
I guess you got everything sorted since the last time I talked to you. :D

Who is the lucky chicken puller these days? LOL

flying illini
02-09-2010, 12:19 AM
I make it fun still.

Glad to hear this Bubba. Where are you so I can tell others where to get some real Que in the Big Motor?

Bbq Bubba
02-09-2010, 07:39 AM
I guess you got everything sorted since the last time I talked to you. :D

Who is the lucky chicken puller these days? LOL

Lol, don't know....
I cook it and put it in the walk in to chill and the next day it's all pulled! :wings:

Glad to hear this Bubba. Where are you so I can tell others where to get some real Que in the Big Motor?

New Baltimore.