PDA

View Full Version : Country Boy Pork Tenderloins

peculiarmike
02-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Here ya go Paul and y'all - I mixed this up and gave it a good whisk, put the tenderloins in a gallon ZipLoc, poured the marinade in, squeezed out as much air as possible and in the fridge for two days, turned now & then. Smoked with hickory on my drum at 325°, took about 30 minutes to 155°, they were pink in the center which is just right. Any more and they will be dry. Let them rest foiled 15-20 minutes. Turned once, never had time to baste and can't say it made any difference.

No way can I see grilling these 3 hours, regardless of the fire.
Country Boy Pork Tenderloins

Yield: 8 servings

1 1/2 cups apple butter
1 cup white vinegar
2 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons brandy
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
3 (1-pound) pork tenderloins
Pour mixture of apple butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brandy, soy sauce, sugar, dry mustard, salt, pepper, paprika and Tabasco sauce over tenderloins in nonreactive dish, turning to coat. Marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 2 to 8 hours, turning occasionally. Drain, reserving marinade. Barbeque pork over semi-direct charcoal fire for 3 hours or until cooked through, turning and basting with reserved marinade every 30 minutes.

Carolyn Wells, author of Barbecue Greats–Memphis Style

Country Boy Pork Tenderloins was obtained from Jim Quessenberry of the Arkansas Trav’lers team of Cherry Valley, Arkansas.

californiasmokin
02-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Thanks ,Mike!

Joneser
02-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Sounds good....any pix?

peculiarmike
02-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Nope, no pix. Sorry.
Ate good though. :D