PDA

View Full Version : Tonights Dinner

nascarchuck
03-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Diced and browned some chicken breasts in the skillet, cooked some penne pasta and alfredo sauce. Here is the outcome. Was pretty good, but needed something else...

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z227/nascarchuck/grill/03-14-08-002.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z227/nascarchuck/grill/03-14-08-Chicken-Penne-Alfr.jpg

gunrunner2491
03-15-2008, 01:01 AM
Diced and browned some chicken breasts in the skillet, cooked some penne pasta and alfredo sauce. Here is the outcome. Was pretty good, but needed something else...

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z227/nascarchuck/grill/03-14-08-002.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z227/nascarchuck/grill/03-14-08-Chicken-Penne-Alfr.jpgWhat was missing was me for dinner.

John DOH
03-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Well, Chuck, your meat looks great, and penne is a nice platter to soak uyp some of the juice and spicing, but you need (IMHO only!) some "colour" and "crunch" in there to get a good texture to the meal.

What about some fresh (lightly) steamed brocholli and maybe snow peas in there, with some fresh fried bacon bits? Some fresh spring onion splits. red bell pepper pieces, maybe some fresh cut basil and parsley? Roasted garlic, sauted with some diced onion?

You're right close with your pairing in the menu, you just need to "accessorise" it some more, to avoid it getting "muddy" in the mouth after the first few forkfuls...

John

Rich777
03-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Looks great Chuck. Where was my invite? :tap:

nascarchuck
03-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Well, Chuck, your meat looks great, and penne is a nice platter to soak uyp some of the juice and spicing, but you need (IMHO only!) some "colour" and "crunch" in there to get a good texture to the meal.

What about some fresh (lightly) steamed brocholli and maybe snow peas in there, with some fresh fried bacon bits? Some fresh spring onion splits. red bell pepper pieces, maybe some fresh cut basil and parsley? Roasted garlic, sauted with some diced onion?

You're right close with your pairing in the menu, you just need to "accessorise" it some more, to avoid it getting "muddy" in the mouth after the first few forkfuls...

John

Yes sir... I agree 100%.

I though that it was good, but needed something else. After it was done I thought about brocolli (How the hell do ya spell that???). It needs some color and could stand another texture/flavior or two in there.

nascarchuck
03-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Looks great Chuck. Where was my invite? :tap:

Did you not get it? I sent it out last week!

John DOH
03-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Small broccholi florets will give you some nice colours, you don't want it overcooked, though, and you're going to bury it in that hot pasta, which is going to continue to cook it (and so you need it only "lightly" steamed...The snow peas (you know, in the shell) can go in practically raw, as can the peppers and spring onion....the garlic and diced onion need to be sauteed and carmelised...pump up the cheese in the Alfredo, and "have some fun"! Try some fresh ground Asiago or Gruyere in there and note the neat flavours you come out with...Fresh ground pepper....MMMMM!

Be delighted to eat with you anytime! That meat looked really well prepared!

John

nascarchuck
03-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Small broccholi florets will give you some nice colours, you don't want it overcooked, though, and you're going to bury it in that hot pasta, which is going to continue to cook it (and so you need it only "lightly" steamed...The snow peas (you know, in the shell) can go in practically raw, as can the peppers and spring onion....the garlic and diced onion need to be sauteed and carmelised...pump up the cheese in the Alfredo, and "have some fun"! Try some fresh ground Asiago or Gruyere in there and note the neat flavours you come out with...Fresh ground pepper....MMMMM!

Be delighted to eat with you anytime! That meat looked really well prepared!

John

Gonna have to give this meal another shot, with a few additions! :drooling:

And the meat, that is what my wife complained about... "It's too dry..." Errrr.... Can't ever please that woman...

John DOH
03-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Chicken can dry out very quickly and get "dry" as a result, which can be avoided a bit by cooking it as a stand alone on the bone and with the skin, but thats not going to work with pasta...

Si I'd suggest brining the chicken, which should retain moisture, and being bery careful to monitor internal temp (use a digital meat probe) to come only to about 150-155* (it will "convect" on its own, let alone how stirring it into the pasta will continue to cook it!

But you're too right!

Make it again, "as adapted"! You'll love the resut!

John