PDA

View Full Version : Off the wall subject

Primo
01-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Mobile bbq for hire .Ive been think on doing something like this and need to know if there is anything i need to know as far as liscene and all .Been contemplating this a while now .Is this a good idea or not .just need some input of u folk that have done this type of business.
Thanks
steve

Basic menu
bbq beef ,chicken,pork
brunswick stew
greens
korn bread
korn on the cob
sweet tea
some type of desert.
From $7.00 meal on up for prices depending on how many folk and what is being grilled and how much .still in the works on the prices .any input would help .Im just throwing this out there in hopes of getting a response .Ive had a few folk ask me to do a bbq for them around here .they know my grillin techniques and all have had my cookin.Course im gonna have to get a few things like the Caldera Three Bay Caterer and a pull behind smoker and such.Im lookin at stuff now to get to try it .If i dont succeed then its me not trying .Im bored here doing nothing , .its friendship and comoderity i like .the $$ is a bonus .

Joneser
01-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Go for it, if your looking for something to do, I think that'll keep you busy.

sauce200
01-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Steve i do what you are wanting to do.I built a BBQ house on wheels.and sell BBQ three days a week and enjoy it very much its work but very rewarding the folks you will meet and the folks you hope never come back,YOU need to get a few permits from your state.it is call a venders licence and take a food handers course,its more paper than any thing but once you get going you want stop.if you have any question please let me know i want you to succeed at this.

SmokyOkie
01-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Don't forget the health department's requirements for your kitchen.

Drop a PM to BBQ Bubba if you want to know what a nightmare that can be.

A word of caution though. When you turn your hobby into a job, you will need to find a new hobby.

Good jobs are much easier to come by than good hobbies.:msn-wink:

Maybe you should take up comp cooking.

Primo
01-21-2010, 05:29 AM
Don't forget the health department's requirements for your kitchen.

Drop a PM to BBQ Bubba if you want to know what a nightmare that can be.

A word of caution though. When you turn your hobby into a job, you will need to find a new hobby.

Good jobs are much easier to come by than good hobbies.:msn-wink:

Maybe you should take up comp cooking.
My food aint ready for comp cookin yet .and im not ready for it.
Need to get my ducks in a row before i even think about comp meats.still reading up on comp cookin and gittin some fine tuning done.read between the lines per say.