PDA

View Full Version : Flies

Paymaster
01-14-2010, 12:53 PM
I tie trout,bream,salt water flies,crappie jigs etc. I sell some to pay for more tyin material. If anyone is interested send me a PM.

SmokyOkie
01-14-2010, 01:01 PM
I like your handiwork.

Do you have a pic of a coachman?

Primo
01-14-2010, 01:19 PM
some nice flys u tie .:thumbs up:

Paymaster
01-14-2010, 03:59 PM
I don't have a Coachman pic on this machine but I have a Royal Coachman that I tied on a safety pin as a hat or vest ornament. I will tie a Coachman up tonite and post a pic.I sell these as well.

Paymaster
01-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Here ya go SmokyOkie, Royal Coachman size 12.

cowgirl
01-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Wow Paymaster, You do beautiful work! :thumbs up:

Paymaster
01-14-2010, 08:15 PM
some nice flys u tie .:thumbs up:

Wow Paymaster, You do beautiful work! :thumbs up:

Thanks Y'all.

Bassman
01-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Nice work! I haven't tied any flies for years. Maybe I forgot how but I still have a lot of material to start again. I think my bottle of head cement has dried up!:D

Paymaster
01-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Nice work! I haven't tied any flies for years. Maybe I forgot how but I still have a lot of material to start again. I think my bottle of head cement has dried up!:D

You ought to get back at it. I tie most every day. I enjoy ty'n about as much as I do Q'n. Some day I hope to spend more time cast'n flies.

SmokyOkie
01-14-2010, 09:57 PM
I haven't tied in years. I'm sure I was never an artiste like you. I never had a teacher, I just read and copied what I had used that worked. I guess I was good enough to fool a few fish though.

The Coachman I used to tied showed a lot more red on the body. Was I doing it wrong?

Do you ever fish flies for bass or bluegill? How about bonefish?

Primo
01-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Yes he does do good werk on tying flies .I like the streamers myself .

Paymaster
01-15-2010, 07:48 AM
I haven't tied in years. I'm sure I was never an artiste like you. I never had a teacher, I just read and copied what I had used that worked. I guess I was good enough to fool a few fish though.

The Coachman I used to tied showed a lot more red on the body. Was I doing it wrong?

Do you ever fish flies for bass or bluegill? How about bonefish?

No you were not wrong. There are a myriad of forms the Coachman can take. That one is just my favorite. I tie some for folks that have more red floss than peacock herl,some that have two bands of floss rather than one. And of course the Leadwing Coachman ,a wet fly,that has no band.

peculiarmike
01-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Oh.

Those kind of flies.

:blushing:

Very nice work. Have not had the flyrod out in years. Might get excited and throw some poppers for bass this summer.