PDA

View Full Version : French Bread

BigAL
01-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Made some homemade french bread, yep I used the bread machine.:shrug: Followed the directions but added about 1/2tsp of garlic pwdr and 1Tbs of italian seasoning(dried in a shaker).

Put in smoker at 320* for 1hr 20min using mesquite pellets. This is what I got. I'm the only one who has tried it yet. Outside is crisp, but not enough. Bottom is the best! Inside is nice, not many bubbles.

Anyway, I'm no baker(I don't like to measure). So it is somewhat "winged". I like it, we'll see what the judges say.(wife/kids)

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z2/lonefarm/Bread001.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z2/lonefarm/Bread002.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z2/lonefarm/Bread004.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z2/lonefarm/Bread005.jpg

Fatback Joe
01-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Bread machine......wtf.......that is almost as bad a using a pellet pooper.

cabinetmaker
01-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Sorry, but you ain't the first. We love smoked bread and rolls around here.:thumbs up:

Looks good Al.

BigAL
01-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Bread machine? Did I say that out loud? :oops: Pellet pooper? Never heard of them.:blushing:

:roflmaoha0:

Hey Joe. Here is my pellet pooper :moon:

:msn-wink::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Has anyone ever called you a Turd? Good, TURD.:roflmaoha0:

BigAL
01-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Sorry, but you ain't the first. We love smoked bread and rolls around here.:thumbs up:

Looks good Al.

How about some pix ya pecker?!:roflmaoha0: Got some good ideas to share?

Joneser
01-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Very Cool!
So did you proof it in the bread machine, then put it on the pooper?

SmokyOkie
01-06-2010, 02:56 PM
:exasper: I'm outta this one.

cabinetmaker
01-06-2010, 03:49 PM
:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

cabinetmaker
01-06-2010, 03:54 PM
How about some pix ya pecker?!:roflmaoha0: Got some good ideas to share?

OK, you got me. I have no pics so it must never have happened, but it sure tasted like it.:msn-wink: I put way too much smoke on the first one.:oops: Next one was baked on the drum with ozark lump only. It was just right.

BigAL
01-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Very Cool!
So did you proof it in the bread machine, then put it on the pooper?

I don't know all the terms and bs when it comes to bake'n bread. :exasper:I put the stuff in the machine, when it beeped I made the loaf, put in an alum foil pan covered w/a damp paper towel for about an hr then the pan and bread in the smoker till "done". Really wasn't too dang hard, next is pretzels.:drooling:

californiasmokin
01-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Jason, that came out nice.You are going to be a regular bread artisan!

I prefer sour French bread and I like the crust crispy.Just so you know when you make some for us at the gathering!
If you leave it open the crust will get harder or you can put it in plastic to keep it soft.

BigAL
01-06-2010, 04:52 PM
OK, you got me. I have no pics so it must never have happened, but it sure tasted like it.:msn-wink: I put way too much smoke on the first one.:oops: Next one was baked on the drum with ozark lump only. It was just right.

What kind of bread did you make? How hot was the drum? Is hot'n fast better or med heat?

Thanks.....turd.:msn-wink::roflmaoha0:

BigAL
01-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Jason, that came out nice.You are going to be a regular bread artisan!

I prefer sour French bread and I like the crust crispy.Just so you know when you make some for us at the gathering!
If you leave it open the crust will get harder or you can put it in plastic to keep it soft.

Thanks, Paul!........er I mean Mr. Moderator sir.:roflmaoha0: I sure hope I can make it to a gathering. I hate for you guys to go much longer w/out the best bbq that ever hit your lips..................:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::rof lmaoha0: I tried to hold the laughter in.

Thanks for the tip on the plastic/no plastic.:thumbs up:

Oh and .......:moon: :D

BluDawg
01-06-2010, 06:30 PM
IF you want the french bread to come out with a nice crispy crust place a pan of boiling water in the smoker next to the loaf the steam makes it crunchy.

peculiarmike
01-06-2010, 06:41 PM
I don't know all the terms and bs when it comes to bake'n bread. :exasper:I put the stuff in the machine, when it beeped I made the loaf, put in an alum foil pan covered w/a damp paper towel for about an hr then the pan and bread in the smoker till "done". Really wasn't too dang hard, next is pretzels.:drooling:

I can't wait. This oughta be good. :wings: :woohoo:

Vermin99
01-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Great looking bread. I too hate to measure , I would rather just wing it and you can't do that with baking so I don't very often.

BigAL
01-06-2010, 09:22 PM
I can't wait. This oughta be good. :wings: :woohoo:

:whathesaid:

SmokyOkie
01-06-2010, 10:29 PM