PDA

View Full Version : Safety Note:....

Umpa
12-31-2009, 08:38 AM
So ....

Whens the last time you did a good cleaning of your smoker??

was it..

a-i'm a responsible cook that cleans each and every smoke with soap and degreaser

b-i try and do a little cleaning every now and then

c-to hell with cleaning. i'll just invite 25 ppl over for nye. start my fire at 6:00 and get it hot enough to load the meat in 45 minutes and not think anything is wrong... then about 30 minutes later when my wife says.. "you got a little fire on the firebox" you head that direction and glance down at you fancy wireless thermo that says 367 degrees in the chamber. billowing white/grey smoke. open the door and WHOOSH... Self cleaning smoker!!!

kinda funny now. not so much an hour ago. but man you gotta see the bark on the meat after an hour!! :msn-wink: and by now i usually smell like smokey goodness... i smell like bus station ashtray. but the meat is fine. grates are spotless.. the fancy thermo melted. my recently fixed left trailer light has seen better days...

well back out to the fire. wife dont' want me in here watching tv... :oops:

PigCicles
12-31-2009, 08:44 AM
Uhhhh C :roflmaoha0: I think most of us have had a pretty hot fire at one point or another. Gotta love those early in the morning. Do you have any hair left??? LOL bus station ash tray.

The rest of the day will be a breeze now.

Chargrilled
12-31-2009, 08:57 AM
Ive had a very similar experience.

Set up the CG for indirect was gonna roll some chix on the rotis. When inside to finish preppin birds and wife hollers back into the kitchen, "You pit is smokin babe....". I yell back, "thats what its suppose to do, babe."
After a few more exchanges like that I finally finished up what I was doin and went out to the back deck to find the CG lid therm pegged and cracked due to the heat. Luckly I grew up in a fire service house hold and didnt open the lid as it would have been nasty. I turned off all the oxy and smothered it.

Your right, lid, pit, grates, everything inside was clean!!!!!

Never heard the end of it from my wife, BTW!!!:blushing::roflmaoha0:

chef schwantz
12-31-2009, 10:55 AM
Easiest and best way to get it clean. No elbow grease required. Beer can chicken on the weber does it to me every time if I don't clean out the grease soaked ashes afterwords.