PDA

View Full Version : As Requested, Maple Q sauce

chef schwantz
12-14-2009, 04:30 PM
This is a sauce that got me a ribbon at the local county fair here this year.

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss152/Chefschwantz/SP4449andHalloween2009006.jpg

Its slightly tangy, slightly sweet, and not very thick. It can be used as a sauce or for a mop. I prefer it on beef, but you can put it on anything you want. Feel free to adjust the pepper to suit your tastes.

6 cups Apple cider vinegar
44 ozs tomato sauce
3 cups Catsup
1 cup Real Maple syrup
1/2 cup salt
1/4 cup granulated garlic
1/4 cup granulated onion
1/2 cup worchestershire
3 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup dark molasess
1/4 cup liquid smoke
1 tbsp celery seed
1 tbsp crushed red pepper

Combine all ingredients in a non reactive sauce pan or kettle. Bring to a boil stirring frequently. Boil for 25 minutes. If canning, place in sterile jars and process 20 minutes in a water bath canner. Otherwise, cool and refrigerate. Makes about 6 pints. Enjoy.

SmokyOkie
12-14-2009, 04:53 PM
I will make a batch and try it.....or, you could just send me a jar.:wings:

Joneser
12-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Sounds really good, Chef! I'm going to try this next time I make some sauce.

californiasmokin
12-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks for sharing chef.:thumbs up:

Zeeker
12-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Very nice of you to share. Kudos :thumbs up:

chef schwantz
12-14-2009, 06:20 PM
I will make a batch and try it.....or, you could just send me a jar.:wings:
Well, I would like to send you some, but that is the last jar until I decide to make more, and I opened it Friday. I don't know how well it would ship this time of year, as I had a few cans of beer blow up on my back porch last night it got so cold. I'd be up for a swap of some sort this spring though!:wings:

Vermin99
12-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Saved the recipe. Thanks for sharing.

SmokyOkie
12-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Well, I would like to send you some, but that is the last jar until I decide to make more, and I opened it Friday. I don't know how well it would ship this time of year, as I had a few cans of beer blow up on my back porch last night it got so cold. I'd be up for a swap of some sort this spring though!:wings:

I bet it wasn;t Coors light. I accidentally leave them in my freezer all the time (-10) and they never blow up. the bottom just gets rounded out.

Just kidding about sending me a jar. I can and will make some.

I have enough different sauces tha I will make a fractional batch, but I will make some.