PDA

View Full Version : James B

nascarchuck
12-11-2009, 07:25 PM
James Bennett passed away this afternoon. James was a fellow moderator on another BBQ forum. I am copying/pasting the notice that was just made public there. He was somewhat active here and I though that you guys might want to know...

Folks

Its with great regret I type this note. I learned a little while ago that JamesB died this afternoon. I cant begin to express the complete sense of loss I am feeling for his family, friends and many forum friends. There are very few whole heartedly good people in the world. James was. He was a caring friend who always pitched in, helped out and went the extra mile to help those who knew him. I just cant put to words the sorrow I feel for losing him. He will be deeply missed.

I don't have all the details, what I currently understand is that James had some type of breathing issues that flared up occasionally and this afternoon those breathing issues overtook him and he died before the paramedics could get there.

Please pray for his family.

As I receive more details, we will post those here. I know in the days, weeks and months to come we will want to remember all the good things James did + offer our love and support to his family.

bbqbull
12-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Chuck, can I ask which forum please?

Hell Fire Grill
12-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Please give my condolences to his family. He will be missed. RIP James.

nascarchuck
12-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Chuck, can I ask which forum please?

Texas BBQ Forum

PigCicles
12-11-2009, 08:01 PM
God Speed James - You won't be forgotten

Thank you Chuck for posting this information for us.

californiasmokin
12-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Very sad news.Very sad news indeed.

He and his family will be in our prayers .

BA_LoKo
12-11-2009, 08:47 PM
He certainly always one that wanted to help. He will be greatly missed. I found him to be a class on act on the occasions that he did visit us here.

The Bennett family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Willkat98
12-11-2009, 09:46 PM
How terrible.

I enjoyed reading his stuff and will cherish the little bit he and I shared around the interweb.

SmokyOkie
12-11-2009, 10:00 PM
He was an asset to this world and his presence is a major loss.

Thank you so much for sharing Chuck, and please keep us posted as details become available.

I would like to send something for his memorial service.

nascarchuck
12-11-2009, 10:15 PM
He was an asset to this world and his presence is a major loss.

Thank you so much for sharing Chuck, and please keep us posted as details become available.

I would like to send something for his memorial service.

I will update as I get details...

swamprb
12-11-2009, 10:46 PM
I am saddened to hear of James's passing. It was he who hipped me to this site!

SmokyOkie
12-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Then may he live on here with your presence.

BluDawg
12-12-2009, 01:12 AM
James was a fine and decent Man. I never got the opurtniy to meet James( My Mis-fortune. We Were going to meet for lunch In Dallas A couple of mounths ago and my plans changed last minute.)However through another forum between posts and Pm's I got to know him and I counted him as a friend,I will miss his wit & wisdom. He may be gone But He will not be forgoten. Vios Condios Amigo.

BYBBQ
12-12-2009, 06:02 AM
I had the pleasure to meet and cook with James for a weekend last year and I will tell you he was one heck of a man. His knowledge and helping ways will be missed by many.

RIP my friend. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

BigAL
12-12-2009, 07:04 AM
What a shock. Thanks for post'n, Chuck. His family is in our prayers.

Joneser
12-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Rest in Peace, James, you will be sorely missed.
Thanks for giving us the heads-up, Chuck.

TX Sandman
12-12-2009, 09:20 PM
I missed several opportunities to meet James at get-togethers with the TXBBQF. I'm sorry to hear I will never get a chance to finally meet him.

God bless, James. Rest in peace.

peculiarmike
12-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Sad. He is the first member The Joint has lost. He was here early on.