PDA

View Full Version : RIP Oscar

nascarchuck
11-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Well, as we were starting to get prepared for all of the Thanksgiving festivities we are mourning the loss our 16 year old weenie dog Oscar. Yes, Oscar Mayer... :silly:

He has been having problems for the past 2 weeks or so. Mostly just getting old. Anyway, he was acting like he was having a hard time this morning so we finally decided that it was time to get him to the emergency vet and see about putting him down so he isnt suffering any longer. By the time we got him there, he was gone.

Luckily he went peacefully. My wife is taking it pretty hard, but we all understand that he is no longer in any pain and he is better off now.

PigCicles
11-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Man! Chuck I'm sorry to hear about Oscar the weenie dog. I'm sure it is hard after having him around for so long. But you can't make him suffer for your own well being. I'm sure somewhere down the road you will get another companion.

Ya know when it rains is pours. Thanks for taking the time to share with us buster. Enjoy your holiday and think happy thoughts.

Joneser
11-26-2009, 12:15 PM
So sorry to hear that. We're going through something similar with out 14 year old Beagle. It's going to be time to put him down soon...so hard to let go.

californiasmokin
11-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Like Family.It hurts.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

katter
11-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Sorry for your loss of your close friend on Thanksgiving morning. 16 years with your great friend is very impressive. I think that is worth giving thanks for. May the sorrows gently fade but let the memories last forever. God Bless.

BluDawg
11-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Chuck I'm sorry for the loss Of your Lil Buddy.They give us so much and ask for so little in return. I hope that memories of better times ease the pain. I know that I too will some day face that challenge and I know it won't be easy.I got a big heart for Kidds and animals. Adios Oscar.

smokinok
11-26-2009, 04:42 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss on Thanksgiving. Just remember that no one can take away all the good time and memories that you and your wife share with Oscar.

Raklet
11-26-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine how difficult it must be. Living on a farm, I've never kept a dog longer than 5-6 years - they all get run over. It must have been a blessing indeed to enjoy 16 years with Oscar.

Butt Lover's
11-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Sorry to hear that Chuck, I know how attached we can get to our dogs!

tomshoots
11-27-2009, 06:42 PM
I feel for ya bro. Lost a few myself. It amazes me how attached we become to an animal. And knowing they all gotta go sometime doesn't make it easier when they do. Cherish the memories.

Zeeker
11-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Sorry for your loss Chuck.

bbqbull
12-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Im very sorry for your loss.

chef schwantz
12-03-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm sure Oscar is gnawing on a nice, well smoked rib bone, with some meat attached somewhere this very minute.

Vermin99
12-04-2009, 01:00 AM
Sorry for your loss, they become part of the family. I have an Aussie that is going on ten years. She is starting to show her age and I know I'm going to cry like a baby when her time comes. Best dog I ever had the privilege of knowing.

silver-bullet
12-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Shareing is Careing. Sorry to hear of your loss.
Pets are family! Always tough to say goodbye.

I've got a 14 year old cat I've had since she was a little fur ball that filled half of my hand. We've been through alot together. I'm not looking forward to the day

peculiarmike
12-04-2009, 11:59 PM
It's never a good time to lose a pet you've had a long time, it's hard.
But. There is another pup out there right now looking for a good home.
Better get started. :msn-wink: