11-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Your a secretive bunch.:roflmaoha0:

TX Sandman
11-21-2009, 02:50 AM
:shrug: Only stuffing I like is me stuffing my face. :msn-wink:

smokinok
11-21-2009, 06:20 AM
:shrug: Only stuffing I like is me stuffing my face. :msn-wink:

:whathesaid: I have or should I say the wife never has in 40 years of marriage stuffed a turkey. She makes fantastic dressing and giblet gravy though. :eating::eating:

PigCicles
11-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Paul I have a sausage stuffing recipe somewhere. I'll try to look it up and put it in here... it may already be listed here somewhere.

chadd17
11-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Ok Paul. It took a lot of asking, but here is Kim's family top secret recipe, I don't really like it, but her family all think its great. Must be a California thing, so it might be great for you.

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo266/exeterfire/images.jpg

:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

:stir:

BluDawg
11-21-2009, 12:11 PM
This is the Stuffing recipe that I grew up on and I've never found one that I like better;
Pecan Sausage Apple Dressing

1 lb of a sage breakfast sausage (Jimmy Dean)
2 granny smith apples Peeled and chopped about 3/8"
1/2 cup pecans toasted
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 stalks celery diced
3 eggs beaten
2 cups *apple cider
2 cups chicken stock
1/4 tsp dried thyme
salt & pepper
1 bag Pepperige farms stuffing croûtons

Brown sausage in a large skillet remove sausage and drain reserve drippings in pan add onion,celery and apple, sauté till onions are translucent. Add to sausage mix.
In a roasting pan combine croûtons with the sausage mixture add pecans.Combine stock& cider, use 1 cup to de-glaze the skillet. Beat the eggs with another cup and salt & pepper and thyme, add the warm de-glazing liquid.pour over the croûton and sausage and mix thoroughly use remaining stock and cider to obtain the consistency of your liking. cover with foil and bake alongside turkey in a 350 deg oven for 45 min. Uncover and bake additional 15 min.
*(if you can't find cider use apple juice and add 1 tbl cider vinegar per cup.)
This is the original recipe over the years I added 1/3 cup of dried cranberries to the mix.:msn-wink: If you like them add them if not leave them out. :cowboy:

Butt Lover's
11-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Ina had a good lloking sausage/cornbread stuffing on her show today...not that I watch that stuff ;)

tomshoots
11-21-2009, 11:11 PM
This is the Stuffing recipe that I grew up on and I've never found one that I like better;
Pecan Sausage Apple Dressing

1 lb of a sage breakfast sausage (Jimmy Dean)
2 granny smith apples Peeled and chopped about 3/8"
1/2 cup pecans toasted
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 stalks celery diced
3 eggs beaten
2 cups *apple cider
2 cups chicken stock
1/4 tsp dried thyme
salt & pepper
1 bag Pepperige farms stuffing croûtons

Brown sausage in a large skillet remove sausage and drain reserve drippings in pan add onion,celery and apple, sauté till onions are translucent. Add to sausage mix.
In a roasting pan combine croûtons with the sausage mixture add pecans.Combine stock& cider, use 1 cup to de-glaze the skillet. Beat the eggs with another cup and salt & pepper and thyme, add the warm de-glazing liquid.pour over the croûton and sausage and mix thoroughly use remaining stock and cider to obtain the consistency of your liking. cover with foil and bake alongside turkey in a 350 deg oven for 45 min. Uncover and bake additional 15 min.
*(if you can't find cider use apple juice and add 1 tbl cider vinegar per cup.)
This is the original recipe over the years I added 1/3 cup of dried cranberries to the mix.:msn-wink: If you like them add them if not leave them out. :cowboy:

The HEB store I was shopping at today was sampling a recipe very similar to this and it was delish! It's gonna go great with my apple brined smoked tu
rkey!

PigCicles
11-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Sausage Dressing

Ingredients:

6 Cups bread croutons made from white and wheat bread (see instructions)
1 pound sausage, browned, drained, and crumbled
1/4 cup freshly chopped sage or 1/8 cup dried sage
2/3 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced onion
extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
1/2 cup toasted pecan halves and pieces (optional)

Instructions:

Stack the bread and cut into 1/2 inch cubes and place bread cubes into a large bowl. Drizzle enough olive oil onto the bread to lightly coat. Place fresh or dried sage into bowl with bread cubes; sprinkle with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Spread bread cubes out on a cookie sheet and place into a 350 degree oven for approx. 20 minutes or until bread pieces have dried out and become golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.

Place cooled bread cubes into a large bowl and add the crumbled sausage, celery, and onions; toss to incorporate all ingredients. Pour chicken stock over stuffing and place stuffing into an oven proof casserole dish and cover with aluminum foil.

Bake at 350 degrees for approx 30 minutes.

BigAL
11-23-2009, 06:10 PM
That looks real good, Joe. What about smoke'n it @ 275-300*? Ever tried that? Just ask'n.

This should help ya out a bunch, Paul. Wife's aunt makes a great seafood stuffing, yep in Wichita, KS. It's good, real good.

I can tell ya what not to make, my MIL's stuffing. Hard as a rock on the outside, total mush/slop on the inside. Would make a billy-goat puke, probably Rambo too.:msn-wink::D :censored2:'n inlaws anyway.:roflmaoha0: