View Full Version : Creamy Horseradish Sauce

peculiarmike
11-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Make it as "horsey" as you like -

CREAMY HORSERADISH SAUCE
Makes 1 1/2 cups
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons prepared horseradish (I like it so added a bit more, up to you, fresh grated would be killer)
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients and season to taste.
Let sit in fridge for several hours before serving.

smokinok
11-16-2009, 04:24 PM
:sign0092: for posting that recipe. Creamy horseradish sauce is a must and now I have a good looking recipe to add to my recipe box. :wings:

Geek with Fire
11-17-2009, 10:06 AM
I love horsey sauce (yea, I'm thinkin' Arby's). I'll have to give that a go.

TX Sandman
11-17-2009, 05:37 PM
This looks great, Mike. Thanks for posting the recipe. Mine is a lot simpler, just sour cream, horseradish, salt and pepper to taste.

Short One
11-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks Mike. Dad has a large patch of horseradish, and it is not uncommon to make a gallon at a time. Will have to try this recipe and see how it is. Dad's will definitely clear the sinuses when freshly made.:thumbs up:

Vermin99
11-17-2009, 07:26 PM
This recipe sounds fantastic, Thanks. I'll just have to scale it down. I usually just buy the creamy horseradish stuff from the store since I'm the only one that likes it. I usually don't go through it fast enough and have to throw it away.

BluDawg
11-17-2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks Mike I picked up a Horseradish root today now I got the recipe that I was wanting as well. Planning on prime rib for Thanksgiving tried to buy a bird today ever stinking one I looked at :enhanced, seasoned , pre seasoned, contains up to ?% water injection.What the Fork I want to be in control of my own food. I got a Prime rib in the freeze from one of MY COWS. Grass fed no hormones, no, nada, nothing added. Just beef. I never liked the forking pilgrims anyway. I'll pay old 534 due respect and celebrate my harvest.

SmokyOkie
11-17-2009, 10:28 PM
This looks great, Mike. Thanks for posting the recipe. Mine is a lot simpler, just sour cream, horseradish, salt and pepper to taste.

I like to make it like that, but use 50:50 with fresh whipped cream and sour cream folded into each other. It gives it a nice lightness. I also like to add a little wasabi to kick up the heat w/o adding bitterness.

Thanks Mike. Dad has a large patch of horseradish, and it is not uncommon to make a gallon at a time. Will have to try this recipe and see how it is. Dad's will definitely clear the sinuses when freshly made.:thumbs up:

Here's a tip Steve. If you like it nice and sinus clearing, add a little acidity like lemon juice or vinegar after you grind it. It will help slow down the breakdown of the compounds that make it hot.

peculiarmike
11-18-2009, 07:54 AM
I've got another year to go 'til I can dig my horseradish. Going by what's above ground it seems to be doing well.

If it hits your sinuses a good one you know it's about right.