PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi Chicken

silver-bullet
11-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Take a whole Chicken & 6 to 7 peeled Kiwi's. Put the Kiwi into a blender along with a couple teaspoons of your favorite rub & blend into liquid.
Put the Chicken & Kiwi into a ziplock bage I in the refrige overnight.
Here it is just put on the grill.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff220/wingnutttt/DSCF0721.jpg

Here I am in front of my 50 inch flatscreen enjoying a football game. Because with my TRAEGER Everything is pretty much automatic. No fire's to tend to, don't have to worry about a water pan. And with my digital thermometer it keeps a constant temp no matter what the outside temp is, So I don't have to worry about how my vents are set, NOTHING. Oh Yes did I Mention that the TRAEGER even lights itself.
Did I also mention that these little sawdust pellets deliver a FANTASTIC FLAVOR EVERYTIME!
Life is good with a TRAEGER :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::r oflmaoha0:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff220/wingnutttt/001-3.jpg

Cooked it @ 300 degrees for the first half hr & then I had to interupt my football game to go out & turn the thermostat down to 225 till the internal temp of 170 was reached. Dang I really need to get me one of these wireless thermometers :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff220/wingnutttt/DSCF0722.jpg

Again this was so moist, juicy, tender, It fell apart as I took it off the grill.
I was told by one butcher that kiwi is a natural tenderizer.
On the plate.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff220/wingnutttt/DSCF0723.jpg

Thanx for lookin :monkey:

BA_LoKo
11-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Lou, I remember asking your for this technique when I met you a while back. I really appreciate you posting it! I'm going to have to try it soon.

Hey, did you know your PJ's and your shirt don't match? :shrug: Oh well, mine don't either. Sure is comfortable though.

It's nice to see you again. Can we have some pics of that TV though? :D

It looks like it takes a BUNCH of remotes to operate it.

californiasmokin
11-14-2009, 04:03 PM
So Lou are you trying to tell us you like your Traeger!:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Good one Brother!:thumbs up:

You need a couple more remotes on that t.V. stand:roflmaoha0:

BluDawg
11-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Good thing that the power stayed on or you would have been eatin beanie weenies in the dark dreaming about chicken and hoping Santa brings you a Weber otg.:roflmaoha0: That yard bird dose look delicious. Who cooked it for you?:msn-wink::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::misbehav ing:

PigCicles
11-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Ok Lou I'll whisper this to ya - Nice job buster. You and that Traeger did a fine job. Now back to the public statement...

Lou you keep boastin up that Traeger we're gonna have to dethrone BigAl from the Traeger heap. Traeger, Traeger, Traeger you sound just like him. :roflmaoha0:

Oh btw sorry you had to have chicken too. Must be some pretty hard times going on round here.

Again great job buster (btw I'm just funnin ya bout the Traeger ya know)

Thanks for the pix :thumbs up:

Vermin99
11-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Does the Kiwi add much flavor? From the looks of it you don't need anymore remotes to put in your caddy.

smokinok
11-14-2009, 06:56 PM
:sign0092::thumbs up:That is one nice looking chicken. :wow: Have never thought about adding kiwi to anything??? :shrug: ever but it sound like I need to try. :D:D My remote caddy is as full or fuller than yours, 55" HDTV, DirectTV, DVD, VCR, DishNetwork, Stero Amp w/Dolby, CD changer, Casette Tape. :ack2::shrug: Wife is having a fit but wives usually do with our toys and she never knows which control works what????:shrug::ack2:.

silver-bullet
11-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Good thing that the power stayed on or you would have been eatin beanie weenies in the dark dreaming about chicken and hoping Santa brings you a Weber otg.:roflmaoha0: That yard bird dose look delicious. Who cooked it for you?:msn-wink::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::misbehav ing:

A Weber? Sorry bud we're not living in the stone age here. :misbehaving: Along with electricty came indoor plumbing!!:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::monkey: