PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys and gals!

glued2it
11-12-2009, 11:58 AM
How is everybody?

It's been almost 2 months since my hip replacement.
There's not a day that goes by that I'm not thankful for it.
I still get used to using it like a regular hip since I went a year with the problem.

I'm working on getting the other one done at the moment and should know more about it in 2 weeks.

I appologize for my absence. I have had a lot to work through getting head strait and my life in order.
I

I know I have a lot of support from some great friends here, but Somethings a man has to do for himself.

Things seem to be picking up for me here lately and I'm doing pretty good.
I more to be thankful for than to complain about, So I seem pretty well off.:msn-wink:

I havn't been doing much cooking here lately. since I live alone now, There's not really anyone to cook for.
I have cooked a few things for some friends and family here and there, but nothing like I used to do.

I'm going to fire up the drum for a couple days and cook a few things.
I'm going to stock up the freezer with single portions so I can just warm it up as needed. There's no reason why I should be deprived of good Q because there's nobody around.
I'll get some pics when I do.

I miss everybody and plan on being around on a regular basis again.

I signed up for facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1523290788

peculiarmike
11-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Welcome back Jer! Ya had us wondering.
Good to hear things are getting better. :thumbs up:

BigAL
11-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Good to hear from you Jeremy! Glad things are going well. We sure missed ya!

Remember, ya do have to cook for yourself ya know.

Good to see ya around.:thumbs up:

smokinok
11-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Jeremy: I am kind of new to this Q Joint but do live in Tulsa and if you feel that you need to cook for someone then you might want to consider adopting my wife and I. :wings: I must warn you that I am an unrepenting Pork-A-Holic and refuse to attend the meetings. :msn-wink: I will eat any Q but do prefer Butt, BB ribs, Loin, heck if it is PORK I will eat it so you see I am very, very easy to cook for and stand ready to be adopted.:woohoo:

Congratulations on the new hip and I hope the second one comes about soon and that it is as successful as the first seem to be. Looking forward to see evidence of your cooks and posts in the future.

cabinetmaker
11-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Does this mean I can't come by and check on ya from time to time?:msn-wink:

PigCicles
11-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Great to see you back with us Jeremy. Been wondering about you. Great to hear all is looking up for you buddy. You need to stop by every so often and give us the finger just for good measure. Don't want us thinkin your mad or something ya know :msn-wink:

We expect to hear from ya a little more - Don't make us come hunt you down like the dirty dog you are :smack:

Joneser
11-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Wow, it's great to hear from you, Jeremy!
Glad to hear the hip is working out. Sent you a FB request. Hope to hear back from you. Don't be a stranger!

Willkat98
11-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Glad to hear everything seems to be moving in (what appears to be) the right direction!

Take care Keifer.

Oops.

californiasmokin
11-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Good news for sure!:thumbs up:

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

glued2it
11-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Does this mean I can't come by and check on ya from time to time?:msn-wink:

Where ya been?:msn-wink: I've been meaning to come and see you.

Thanks for all the warm welcome backs!

BA_LoKo
11-12-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm glad to hear you're on the mend, Jeremy. Please stop by and visit when you can........both here online, as well as over at the house, if you're ever in the area.

Bassman
11-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Glad to see you back here, Jeremy. Glad to hear your hip is doing well.

chadd17
11-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Good to have you back Jeremy. Drop in when you can.

SmokyOkie
11-12-2009, 10:30 PM
'Bout time you showed back up.

Good to talk to you this morning.

Don't ever forget the value of your friends, especially when you feel like you want to be alone.

We'll be looking for you.:thumbs up:

cabinetmaker
11-13-2009, 08:33 AM
I'm in the shop all day today (subject to change without notice).

SmokyOkie
11-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Jeremy did you find a ride to the tag agency to get your tags?

glued2it
11-13-2009, 01:56 PM
yea, as soon as my neighbor got home He ran me up there.

SmokyOkie
11-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Just outta curiosity, how do they charge for penalties nowadays?

flying illini
11-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Nice to hear Jeremy..

erain
11-14-2009, 02:59 AM
good to hear from ya again jeremy!!! glad to hear your on the mend and mebe will see ya smoking soon. best of luck with the hip bro. my mother had both replaced and she loves them. welcome back!!!

TX Sandman
11-15-2009, 01:51 AM
:thumbs up: Great to hear from you, Jeremy, and glad to hear things are going well for you.

Jake
11-15-2009, 03:37 AM
bro hope you are doing well, i miss you all and am coming back soon, promise:woohoo:

gt2003
01-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Wow, late to this thread to. Here's wishing you the best Jeremy. I'm not real familiar with your situation but I got divorced in February so live by myself every other week that I don't have my son. Not too many to cook for but I can always throw some salmon, ribs or brisket on the smoker and eat on it all week. It helps keep me sane to keep doing what I enjoy. Best of luck to ya. I'm in Tulsa often so I'll catch up with you before long. I'll also add you on facebook this evening. FB is probably the best thing I've done since my divorce. I've caught up with a lot of old friends and met a bunch of new ones. Best of luck with the hip. Looks like you'll be going full force on the bbq circuit this summer!

Willkat98
01-04-2010, 01:28 PM
FB is probably the best thing I've done since my divorce.

FatBack Joe is good, isnt he.

Fatback Joe
01-04-2010, 01:40 PM

Good but not cheap. :moon:

gt2003
01-04-2010, 01:42 PM

LMAO! He made me promise I'd just use initials:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Butt Lover's
01-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Glad to hear your dong well...hopefully we'll see you in a few months.

Jake
01-05-2010, 02:47 AM
Wow, late to this thread to. Here's wishing you the best Jeremy. I'm not real familiar with your situation but I got divorced in February so live by myself every other week that I don't have my son. Not too many to cook for but I can always throw some salmon, ribs or brisket on the smoker and eat on it all week. It helps keep me sane to keep doing what I enjoy. Best of luck to ya. I'm in Tulsa often so I'll catch up with you before long. I'll also add you on facebook this evening. FB is probably the best thing I've done since my divorce. I've caught up with a lot of old friends and met a bunch of new ones. Best of luck with the hip. Looks like you'll be going full force on the bbq circuit this s***er!

man can i relate to this

and back to topic, how you doing my friend

gt2003
01-05-2010, 08:53 AM
man can i relate to this

and back to topic, how you doing my friend

Do I dare ask which part Jake?

Anyway, sounds like we all need to make plans to attend one or more of the get togethers this s***er! I've been working 2 jobs for 16 months but that's coming to an end on January 30th. Life is good, friends are better!

glued2it
01-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Things are starting to improve.
Yes th facebook is one of the best things that happened to me too!

gt2003
01-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Things are starting to improve.
Yes th facebook is one of the best things that happened to me too!

Glad to hear it Jeremy. Keep that head held high. Always remember, that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger! Acknowledge what happened, learn from it and move on. You're far too young to be living in the past!

glued2it
01-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Glad to hear it Jeremy. Keep that head held high. Always remember, that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger! Acknowledge what happened, learn from it and move on. You're far too young to be living in the past!

I hear ya.

Jake
01-06-2010, 11:09 PM
i need a date i got to book like this week (got some play though) but the lawyer just asked for another wad so i really got to plan ill come in a couple weeks for all i care i need to get away and bad :blushing: