PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Wings

Big G
11-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Pulled out some chicken wings to do up on the drum. Had everything planned, when i just had craving for some old style Buffalo hot wings. Sorry to say guys, but i gave the drum the day off ! ! !:shrug: Here's a pic of the finished wings i so craved Saturday. :wings::wings::wings:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/Nascar3gg/Mobile%20Uploads/1031091411.jpg

Bullalo Wings at their best !!! :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

PigCicles
11-01-2009, 09:30 AM
If I'm going to eat chicken - that's the way I want it. Spiced up and slightly crispy and dripping with flavor (to kill the chicken flavor :msn-wink:)

Did you cook em outside in a deep fryer or do em in the house? Ain't no thang either way. Still looks pretty tastey to me (for chicken of course)

:sign0092:

californiasmokin
11-01-2009, 09:54 AM
I love Hot wings!!

They have to be crisp though.Those look great!

BluDawg
11-01-2009, 10:20 AM
"G" those are the real deal, man I love 'em. The only thing missin is a tall cold froty pint of a real hoppy lager for a belly washer.

SmokyOkie
11-01-2009, 11:47 AM
They look like they were done just the way they were meant to be.

Did you powder with a light coat of flour before frying?

I like to dry them off real well so they won't take up very much, then just a light coat of flour.

It really helps the stay crispy.

BluDawg
11-01-2009, 11:53 AM
They look like they were done just the way they were meant to be.

Did you powder with a light coat of flour before frying?

I like to dry them off real well so they won't take up very much, then just a light coat of flour.

It really helps the stay crispy.

When I do mine I use corn starch makes them real crispy.

Big G
11-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Cooked them up in a deep fryer on the patio, my wife HATES the deep fryer smell in the house ! Didn't coat them with anything, just dropped them right in with nothing added.

SmokyOkie
11-01-2009, 04:03 PM
I have a 20# deep fryer in the garage that site on my workbench.

I don't like the smell in the house,or the thin coat of oill all over everything either.

I think if you fired with fresh oil every time it wouldn't be bad, but when you re use the oil over and over, it kinda changes it.

smokinok
11-01-2009, 09:08 PM
:wow: I love Buffalo Wings, HOT. :eating: If I dont want to start up the deep fryer I sometimes grill them on the TEC/CB Infrared :wings:and then toss them in a HOT wing sauce. Very tasty :woohoo:

Bubba
11-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Broiler works well too!

For those that like breading on their wings, try using red hot instead of buttermilk in your dredging process. Great flavor.

Bassman
11-08-2009, 10:18 PM
For those who like crispy wings, you may want to try these. They're very good.

Prep. Time: 1:45
Serves: 4

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. black pepper
20 chicken wing segments
1/2 cup butter OR margarine
1/2 cup hot sauce (see Notes, below)

-Rinse wings in cold water and coat while still wet
-In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and peppers.
-Coat chicken entirely in the flour mixture; refrigerate coated wings for 1 hour; coat chicken again with remaining flour mixture.
-In a 2-quart saucepan, heat butter and hot sauce just until butter melts; turn heat to low and keep warm on stove top.
-Deep-fry chicken, 8 - 10 pieces at a time, in 375 degree oil (vegetable oil, canola oil, or peanut oil) for 13 minutes, turning once or twice.
-Drain chicken on a wire cooling rack for 30 seconds, then immediately toss fried chicken in buffalo sauce mixture and remove with a slotted spoon.
-Repeat with remaining chicken.

Adjusting the spiciness of the sauce: As is, the recipe produces a medium sauce. To change the amount of spiciness, simply adjust the butter-to-hot sauce-ratio:
Mild: Use 3/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup hot sauce.
Hot: Use 1/4 cup butter and 3/4 cup hot sauce.

Bubba
11-08-2009, 10:24 PM
does the flour mixture stick to the chicken well without a wet component? Usually it is buttermilk, then flour mixture, then repeat.

cowgirl
11-08-2009, 10:28 PM
The wings look great from here! Keith, thanks for the recipe too. :thumbs up:

Bassman
11-09-2009, 08:26 AM
does the flour mixture stick to the chicken well without a wet component? Usually it is buttermilk, then flour mixture, then repeat.

I edited the recipe to read rinse wings. As they set in the fridge, the flour mixture will absorb a lot of the moisture. Also, I usually double the amount of flour mixture.

Jeanie, I actually found this recipe on the internet. It's called "Wings Like Hooters". I've never had Hooter's wings, but these are great.:D

SmokyOkie
11-09-2009, 03:30 PM

I don't like a "fried chicken" like breading on hot wings ( like Hooters). I just like an extra crisp chicken skin ( like the original Buffalo wings)

That's why I dry the wings off real well.

Damp skin will make a nice fried chicken type breading w/o a wet component. That is how I make fried chix.