PDA

View Full Version : Rooster Booster now available at stores

SmokyOkie
10-21-2009, 03:28 PM
In the Tulsa area, you can now get Rooster Booster at the following fine locations:

Harvard Meats- N.W. corner of 15th and Harvard

Center 1 Market- about 34th and Harvard west side of street in Center 1

Hanover Meats- S.E. corner of 41st and Peoria

The Savory Chef- S.E. corner of 81st and Memorial

All you Tulsa area members that wanted to try some and didn't want to drive across town to meet me ( I know, the ugly factor is dire) you and your friends and neighbors can now hopefully find some at a location near you.

Next week it should be available at Bruner's Meats at the N.E corner of 81st and Sheridan.

BigAL
10-21-2009, 03:34 PM
How about my SHED!!! I orderd some a while back, WTF(why the face:msn-wink::roflmaoha0:)

Just joke'n. Congrats T-Bone Tim!!!:woohoo::cheer:
I'm guess'n you won't even try to get it in KS. Dillons is out, eh? How about Wal-Fart? Shams?

SmokyOkie
10-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Jase, you get me the order, I'll ship to 'em, or better yet to you and you can mark it up.

Yours went into the mail yesterday. There was a hold up on the labels for your size. It went out Priority so you should have it tomorrow or the next day.

Sorry for the hold up.:sign0013:

Fatback Joe
10-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Congratulations, Tim. :D

BigAL
10-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Jase, you get me the order, I'll ship to 'em, or better yet to you and you can mark it up.

Yours went into the mail yesterday. There was a hold up on the labels for your size. It went out Priority so you should have it tomorrow or the next day.

Sorry for the hold up.:sign0013:

Just give'n ya heck, Tim. Don't plan on use'n it till pheasant season(if harvest is done).

I'll try the rub and let some friends try it out. We'll see what happens after that. I'd be glad to help out.

Also, side note, do you sell pellets?(serious) I'd buy some from ya if it works economically. I'd take a pallet of 1/2 mesquite and 1/2 pecan. Rater buy from you than some of these "j.o's" around here.

Later Cleveland Steamer!:roflmaoha0:

SmokyOkie
10-21-2009, 04:25 PM
I can do that for you. How many bags do you want?

Do you want any oak or cherry?

SmokyOkie
10-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Congratulations, Tim. :D

Why :sign0092: Joe, but what did I do to deserve congrats?:shrug:

Fatback Joe
10-22-2009, 07:31 AM
Seemed like having your rub empire expanding was cause for congratulations. :shrug:

SmokyOkie
10-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Seemed like having your rub empire expanding was cause for congratulations. :shrug:

:oops: Oh! I guess I just didn't think of it as an empire. We'll see what happens though. I kinda like thinking of myself as a seasoning baron.

smokinok
10-22-2009, 11:46 AM
"SEASONING BARON" :wow: I have never know one before. I will stop in Bruner's and pick it up to give it a try.:sign0092: Sorry about the HAM last night. :blushing: The wife is VERY protective of her Country Ham. :D:D

SmokyOkie
10-22-2009, 01:31 PM
"SEASONING BARON" :wow: I have never know one before. I will stop in Bruner's and pick it up to give it a try.:sign0092: Sorry about the HAM last night. :blushing: The wife is VERY protective of her Country Ham. :D:D

I won't have it to Bruner's till next week.

I can understand her keeping it close.:msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
11-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Now available at Bruner's meats at 81st and Sheridan.

smokinok
11-02-2009, 10:57 AM
:sign0092: I will stop in and pick up. :thumbs up: Will try and post pix and give a review.

SmokyOkie
11-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Please remember that it is a shake on seasoning as opposed to a rub.

If you put it on as heavy as a rub, it will likely be too strong.:msn-wink:

Thanx for trying it out.

flying illini
11-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Still plan to buy some from ya at some point...

SmokyOkie
11-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Still plan to buy some from ya at some point...

You mean to tell me you haven't ever had any?

SON! You don't know what you're missing.:shrug:

PigCicles
11-03-2009, 02:26 PM
He's just missin chicken - no loss. Use it on popcorn. Now THAT's a treat :msn-wink: :roflmaoha0:

SmokyOkie
11-03-2009, 02:35 PM
He's just missin chicken - no loss. Use it on popcorn. Now THAT's a treat :msn-wink: :roflmaoha0:

Yes, and there is nuthin' better on French fries either.

The other day, I coated a block of cheddar with it and smoked it. It was pretty good too.

BA_LoKo
11-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Hmmm....

I thought we were tight. I've never had any offered to me either. Why you gotta be like that? :shrug:

I'd probably try it, as I don't want to hurt your tender and fragile feelings. I guess I need to head over to Bruners. I was just there about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I was ahead of my time. :roflmaoha0:

SmokyOkie
11-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Hmmm....

I thought we were tight. I've never had any offered to me either. Why you gotta be like that? :shrug:

I'd probably try it, as I don't want to hurt your tender and fragile feelings. I guess I need to head over to Bruners. I was just there about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I was ahead of my time. :roflmaoha0:

Yes you have, at the get together. You just got drunk and forgot about it.:tap::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

JamesB
11-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Is it gonna be available down here in N. Texas?

SmokyOkie
11-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Is it gonna be available down here in N. Texas?

It is right now if you drop me a PM.

I hope to get it into the Price cutter group and Albertson's, but no idea how long that might take.

gt2003
01-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Guys and gals, this is GOOD STUFF! I was fortunate enough to try some a while back. It smells really strong and kind of scared me prior to trying it. Once you taste the end product, you'll be hooked. This stuff is OVER THE TOP! Pick some up and enjoy! Tim, is it available in large quantities like the restaurant sized containers (1 lb, 28 oz, not the 5 pounders, lol)

SmokyOkie
01-17-2010, 05:59 PM
At present, 5.5 oz and 15 oz shakers.

I can do custom orders for larger quantities.

gt2003
01-17-2010, 06:04 PM
At present, 5.5 oz and 15 oz shakers.

I can do custom orders for larger quantities.

That may be a necessity. A couple of pounds or so sounds much more reasonable. I'll be coming to Tulsa next weekend so let me know what is easiest for you. I can drop by on the way back to my house if that works. Thanks Tim

SmokyOkie
01-17-2010, 06:10 PM
That may be a necessity. A couple of pounds or so sounds much more reasonable. I'll be coming to Tulsa next weekend so let me know what is easiest for you. I can drop by on the way back to my house if that works. Thanks Tim

Give me a call at the office next week to remind me to bring some home.

gt2003
01-17-2010, 06:24 PM
will do Tim, thanks!

Willkat98
09-02-2010, 12:28 PM
I just ordered some Booster from Great Lakes.

Look forward to trying it out!!

Bubblehead
09-02-2010, 04:37 PM

You'll be happy! :thumbs up:

SmokyOkie
09-02-2010, 08:18 PM

What did you do with the bottle I sent you a year ago?

Bubblehead
09-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Blew through the first half in a few weeks and have been trying to stretch the 2nd half. We can't ship any food or food related items and are leaving in about 5 months.

Willkat98
09-03-2010, 09:22 AM
What did you do with the bottle I sent you a year ago?

You didnt send me the Booster, remember!

You were kind enough to send me your pork rub!

SmokyOkie
09-03-2010, 10:41 AM
I sent you some Rooster Booster back before I had a label made.

Remember?

I don't remember sending you any pork rub because I don't know what pork rub it would be....but then I don't always remember very well....

What were we talking about?????

Did you taste the Rooster Booster yet?

Willkat98
09-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Package just arrived yesterday, didnt open everything up yet.

Hopefully try it this weekend.

I still have a amount of the other stuff, I'll check the label. For some reason, it reminded me of pork rub. Think it was Po'Boy Pulling or something like that

Schmokin Party
10-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Hey Tim, just tried that free sample of Rooster Booster you sent me on a turkey breast tenderloin. Just put my order in for a big bottle. Very good! When is that pork rub going to be out??? Better yet, put a sample of that in my order too!

I also ordered some of the injections for pork and brisket. Any special instructions for those??

SmokyOkie
10-15-2011, 10:22 PM
I don't even have any samples of the pork rub yet Mel, but I will guarantee it to be the best rib rub you ever had.

There are directions on the packages, but they are only meant to be guidelines. Most folks just work it into their own recipe.

Give me a call when oyu get them and we can visit about them.

BTW- I just saw your order. Thank you for the business.

Glad you liked the Rooster Booster!

Willkat98
02-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Just a quick note to Tim that we are still really enjoying your Rooster Booster!

Love it on Beer Can Chicken, but it has become one of our go to shaker seasonings on the table for everything from steamed veggies, to french fries, to baked potatos!

We just love this stuff!!

cabinetmaker
02-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Wait till you try his new "Okie Dust".

SmokyOkie
02-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Just a quick note to Tim that we are still really enjoying your Rooster Booster!

Love it on Beer Can Chicken, but it has become one of our go to shaker seasonings on the table for everything from steamed veggies, to french fries, to baked potatoes!

We just love this stuff!!

Thanks for the plug Bill! It is always a treat to see you here. I'll be in Hinsdale this weekend, you could stop by and pick up a re supply if you want.

Wait till you try his new "Okie Dust".

:whathesaid::thumbs up:

jwbtulsa
08-20-2012, 02:50 PM
In the Tulsa area, you can now get Rooster Booster at the following fine locations:

Harvard Meats- N.W. corner of 15th and Harvard

Center 1 Market- about 34th and Harvard west side of street in Center 1

Hanover Meats- S.E. corner of 41st and Peoria

The Savory Chef- S.E. corner of 81st and Memorial

All you Tulsa area members that wanted to try some and didn't want to drive across town to meet me ( I know, the ugly factor is dire) you and your friends and neighbors can now hopefully find some at a location near you.

Next week it should be available at Bruner's Meats at the N.E corner of 81st and Sheridan.

FYI, for those not living in Tulsa, Center 1 Market is at 34th and Peoria, not Harvard.

SmokyOkie
08-20-2012, 03:48 PM
You WERE correct, however, it is no longer in existence.