PDA

View Full Version : Green Egg or Primo oval?

SmokyOkie
10-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Which is better, the Big Green Egg, or the Primo Oval?

I've never put them side by side, but the primo seems to me to be a little more bang for the buck.

For one, I like th oval shape. It seems like it might be easier to fit certain things on it like ribs. It also seems to be very well made.

Anybody out there have experience with both?

If not, please share what you like best about whichever you have, and what you dislike as well.

BYBBQ
10-15-2009, 04:41 PM
I don't personally have either, but have cooked on both at friends. They are both very good cookers..

I like the size and shape of the Primo oval the best. I like the divided firebox for offset cooking. But, The BGE offers a bigger selection of accessories for cooking.

If I remember correctly, they are built from different materials. I thought that's what I read somewhere, but not positive on this.

I think the biggest buying decision, because of warranty, is there a dealer close to you. I've read where they don't honor warranty on internet sales, only through authorized dealers because of shipping damage claims.

Butt Lover's
10-15-2009, 05:08 PM
I love my BGE but if I had to do it over again I would buy a Primo because of it's shape.

SmokyOkie
10-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Ace Hardware offers the Primo. They are fairly well distributed.

I really like the looks of the Primo better, but then again, I have never cooked on either.

I was hopping to get some input on both.

Hey Minion!!!!!

jminion
10-15-2009, 10:00 PM
primo offers more room than BGE but they cook very much the same. Enjoy the Ovals I have very much.

californiasmokin
11-11-2009, 07:11 PM
What about Grilldome?

http://www.grilldome.com/