PDA

View Full Version : Traeger Trouble

silver-bullet
10-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Again when I took it camping this weekend it kept tripping the circut on the pole but would work when I plugged it into the camper. I made a Pizza Fatty for my friends & they really enjoyed it. :1987_food:
Well ever since I read the Smoked Meatloaf Thread a light bulb went off in my head that I haven't made one in a looooonnnnggg time & needed to do one :shrug:
So yesterday afternoon I mixed together some hamb & ground pork & went out to start the grill & NO FAN!! that sucked ......so off to the place I bought it from & I left it overnight.:willy_nilly:
Picked it up this am & they showed me the temp control board was fried & they put a new one in. got it home & it still didn't work! :mad: (They said it was working)
So back out I went & they replaced the fan motor assembly.
We are smokin a meatloaf as I speak:woohoo:
Seems the fan motor burnt & fried the temp control board.
Hats off to the folks @ Smith Brothers meats in Colby Wi. And it seems there is a 3 year warrantee on the grill so there was no charge to me. Thats a good thing as I use the Traeger about 3 to 4 times a week.

Joneser
10-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Glad to hear you are back in action....

PigCicles
10-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Glad you got it fixed buster ... I was thinkin maybe the Traeger got a pellet sideways and couldn't poop pellets and wouldn't smoke anymore :msn-wink::roflmaoha0:

Buzzards Roost
10-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Glad you got it fixed buster ... I was thinkin maybe the Traeger got a pellet sideways and couldn't poop pellets and wouldn't smoke anymore :msn-wink::roflmaoha0:

:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: a pellet sideways

glad your back in action.

Fatback Joe
10-09-2009, 02:27 PM
I believe the term is constipation. :msn-wink:

tomshoots
10-09-2009, 04:17 PM
I believe the term is constipation. :msn-wink:

Constipated pellet pooper? :roflmaoha0:

BA_LoKo
10-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Glad you're back in business, Lou.

Have you heard about the warranty on my stick burner? Yeah, when it quits working, I know I forgot to add another log. :roflmaoha0:

BigAL
10-10-2009, 06:24 AM
Well, Lou, I should have warned you...my bad. Never admit that you have any trouble w/a pellet smoker.:tap: :msn-wink::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

How about some pix of that meatloaf?:thumbs up:

PigCicles
10-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Well, Lou, I should have warned you...my bad. Never admit that you have any trouble w/a pellet smoker.:tap: :msn-wink::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

How about some pix of that meatloaf?:thumbs up:

BigAl the biggest problem with your pellet smoker is YOU ohh yeah and the name too and the pellets ... what's left?? :D

BluDawg
10-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Tell us the truth Big Al you don't really own a Pellet Pooper you really got a Turd Burner.

silver-bullet
10-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Constipated pellet pooper? :roflmaoha0:

Actually..........A couple weeks ago I did have a constipated pellet pooper. It was very windy & rainy & I forgot to cover the grille & somehow some rain got into the hopper & disintigrated some of the pellets & the wet dust plugged the auger hole! :tap: It was almost like it was glued shut!!!:roflmaoha0:
I had to blow it out with the air compressor!

Did I also tell you Guys I heat my house with a pellet pooper! Have been for the past 16 years. They are nice for these Wisconsin winters. Prior to that I used a "stickburner" Will never go back to one of them.
I Love my pellet poopers, Dispite their flaws. Nothing in this world is perfect. I like the no mess no fuss they offer.

So keep the pooper jokes a flying, Doesn't bother me in the least. :saythat: I would expect nothing less from you guys.
I love being a part of this Joint!:D

BigAL
10-10-2009, 02:51 PM
BigAl the biggest problem with your pellet smoker is YOU ohh yeah and the name too and the pellets ... what's left?? :D

"what's left?" is your question? Bacrap Oomamma.

My biggest problem? Hehehehehe...my one arm coat rack......aka the "no hands towl holder".:roflmaoha0:

You got me, I couldn't come up w/anything else. Nice one Pignipples.:thumbs up::msn-wink::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

BigAL
10-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Tell us the truth Big Al you don't really own a Pellet Pooper you really got a Turd Burner.

No, BluBalls, I got a Turd smoker! I've smoked a ton of Texans on that thing.:msn-wink::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

To be honest, sometimes it does smell like turds.:oops:

:msn-wink::roflmaoha0: