PDA

View Full Version : Swine Flu

the_selling_blues_man
10-05-2009, 08:58 PM
My wife got sick the middle of last week. Never seen her so sick. Took her to the doctor on Friday. They tested her for Swine Flu. Got the positive confimation this morning. She's finally feeling better now but it really kicked her in the butt pretty good. My two daughters and I are now on Tamiflu. Feeling good so far!

californiasmokin
10-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Paul,
Glad your wife is feeling better.

Nasty stuff going around.My work is going to schedule free flu vaccines .You know it is bad if they are doing it for free:roflmaoha0:

Take care of yourself and your family.We'll be thinking of you.

BluDawg
10-05-2009, 10:11 PM
I hope that she is well soon. I decided not to get vaccinated as every time I have ever got the vaccine I get sick as a dog. If I don't the shot I stay well. guess I'm wired a little goofy. Folks tell me that all the time,"Dawg you aint right". Guess thats what they mean.

cabinetmaker
10-06-2009, 07:16 AM
I feel for ya Paul. My GF went to emergency last thursday, and they kept her in ICU for three days. Blood pressure dropped to 70/26. She actually turned blue at one point. She tested negative but they said the test was only 60% effective. WTF?

Sometimes bad things can disguise good things. She has vowed to never smoke another cigarette. :cheer::wings::monkey:I will do everything possible the make sure it happens.

Joneser
10-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Dang, Paul....sorry to hear that.
Glad to hear she's getting better. Take Care.

smokinok
10-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Glad to hear that she has decided to stay away from the cigarettes. They do terrible things to your lungs and your breathing capacity and smokers do not fare as well as non-smokers in flu situations. I am a reformed smoker (last in 1978).

I must admit that I am a Pork-A-Holic but refuse to attend the meetings or seek help.

GOOD LUCK to her............

peculiarmike
10-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Paul, she's got my sympathy. Been there, done that, thought I'd have to die to get better. It's BAD.

PigCicles
10-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Paul - I'm sorry that the wife came down with the swine flu. But on the positive side we should be seeing some nice pig cooks coming from you on the revenge side :msn-wink:

PigCicles
10-06-2009, 10:06 AM
I feel for ya Paul. My GF went to emergency last thursday, and they kept her in ICU for three days. Blood pressure dropped to 70/26. She actually turned blue at one point. She tested negative but they said the test was only 60% effective. WTF?

Sometimes bad things can disguise good things. She has vowed to never smoke another cigarette. :cheer::wings::monkey:I will do everything possible the make sure it happens.

Curt is she okay and back home now? Take care of her - she's a sweetie. What was wrong with her for certain???

Joneser
10-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Paul - I'm sorry that the wife came down with the swine flu. But on the positive side we should be seeing some nice pig cooks coming from you on the revenge side :msn-wink:
:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

the_selling_blues_man
10-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Wife's on the road to recovery and the kids and I didn't get it. I think my wife will have the chest congestion for at the next month or so. Pretty nasty bug. Those pigs are going to pay for this.

silver-bullet
10-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Glad to hear your wife is on the mend Paul. We worry about that here also. My bride is a housekeeper in our local Hospital on the MED floor. Where all the sick people come to get well.
One day @ a time......thats all we have any way.:blushing:

californiasmokin
10-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Glad you and the kids didn't get it.Let your wife know we are rooting for her to have a speedy recovery.:thumbs up:

Jake
10-08-2009, 03:06 PM
best wishes hope she gets well soon