PDA

View Full Version : Reuben Sammich

peculiarmike
09-24-2009, 03:49 PM
I was jonesin' for a reuben so I picked up a almost 6 lb. corned beef point. This isn't smoked, grilled, etc. I did it in a crock pot. But it IS killer!
I put the point in the crock pot and sprinkled the spice packet that came with it over it. Added two bay leaves, 1/4 cup whole peppercorns and two bottles of Dundee's Honey Brown beer to cover the point about an inch with liquid. You can add water as needed if it doesn't.
Set the crock pot on low, put the lid on and let it do it's business unmolested for 9 hours. Simple. Really smelled the house up.
I made a batch of my famous cole slaw and gathered up some grape maters.
Jane got home from work (she supports me in the style to which I have become accustomed :msn-wink:) and said "What smells good???"
Sliced the corned beef while Jane made some good homemade Thousand Island dressing. Built the sammies on hearty rye with the corned beef, Thousand Island, Swiss cheese and Frank's Kraut. Popped them in the pannini maker to toast up. Oh yeah babe! :1987_food:
Here it is, on the fine china -

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z125/peculiarmike/generalstuff959.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z125/peculiarmike/generalstuff962.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z125/peculiarmike/generalstuff963.jpg

Joneser
09-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Man...I'd slap my momma for one of those!

SmokyOkie
09-24-2009, 04:43 PM
:thumbs up: I need a reuben now, or I guess as the Sandman informed me, I need a Rachel cuz we use pastrami.

I think Frank's is just about my favorite kraut too.

californiasmokin
09-24-2009, 06:13 PM
You know,I don't think I have ever had a Reuben.

Looks Tasty!

Short One
09-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Good looking sammie there Mike. Just had supper and now I got to go find some thing to munch on after seeing that Reuben.

BYBBQ
09-24-2009, 06:17 PM
That's got to be one of my favorite sandwiches. That looks sooooooooo good.:drooling::drooling:

BluDawg
09-24-2009, 07:50 PM
That's got to be one of my favorite sandwiches. That looks sooooooooo good.:drooling::drooling:

I like rubens and that looks like a good one. What I really hate is when I have to choose between a ruben and a patty melt.:silly:

Vermin99
09-25-2009, 03:44 AM
Rubens are one of my favorite sandwiches too. Used to go to a deli were I used to work and the guy there made the best rubens and Pastrami sandwiches. I could never recreate them at home and you can even see what he was putting on them and how he made them.

BigAL
09-25-2009, 06:45 AM
That does look sooooo good. :drooling:

TX Sandman
09-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Man...I'd slap my momma for one of those!

:stir: I'd slap his momma for one, too. :msn-wink:

:tap: Dang it! I'm wantin' a Reuben and I'm the only one in the family who likes 'em.

BigAL
09-26-2009, 07:38 AM
You know,I don't think I have ever had a Reuben.

Looks Tasty!

:wow: Paul, you Turd! No German in you? One of the best sandwichs ever. Worth a try.:thumbs up:

peculiarmike
09-26-2009, 11:19 AM
:wow: Paul, you Turd! No German in you? One of the best sandwichs ever. Worth a try.:thumbs up:

:whathesaid:

Better find the makin's Paul. :thumbs up:
Have the local deli thin slice you some corned beef (kinda pricy) to get you going. Lot cheaper to do it like I did, but that would let you see what it's like. You'll like it. :msn-wink: