PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Cooker

Willkat98
02-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Just got one of these yesterday.

Have never used one, but always wanted one.

Can't wait to try it out.

Anyone else have one in there arsenal?

I got the 6Q, I think.

PigCicles
02-21-2008, 02:04 PM
I don't have one either. Mom used to have one that she used all the time. Me being the in trouble kid I used to take the little weight off and set it on the counter just to hear her yell at me :oops:

Let us know what you think of yours - maybe we'll all get one to have just in case.

TX Sandman
02-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Don't have one, but heard good things about 'em. Had a buddy say he cooked a stew in 20 minutes with one, and others say they've managed to rescue dry roasts with 'em. I'm curious to see how it works for you.

Bbq Bubba
02-21-2008, 02:57 PM
I've got a brand new pressure cooker myself, about 6 years ago, one of those late night shopping channel binges......
Let me know how ya like it, maybe i'll dust mine off and use it!!

Willkat98
02-21-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm kinda excited about beans.

I can soak northerns for 2 days and they still will have hard centers.

I've heard great things about cutting the softening time down dramtically with a little time in the PC.

Hee Hee, I use to stop the rocker on my dad's too, just to hear him yell.

Negative Attention Getter

PigCicles
02-21-2008, 06:24 PM
I've got a brand new pressure cooker myself, about 6 years ago, one of those late night shopping channel binges......
Let me know how ya like it, maybe i'll dust mine off and use it!!

Just think what you could do for them ribs Bubba... get that mush maker out!

peculiarmike
03-05-2008, 11:37 AM
I worked in a pressure cooker. Then I retired. I'm done to a turn.

Bassman
03-05-2008, 08:56 PM
I have several pressure cookers of various sizes. A large one for canning and smaller ones for cooking. I had a pork butt that wasn't getting done in time for company, so finished it off in the pressure cooker. Only took 20 minutes and it pulled like a champ :msn-wink:. Keith

Willkat98
03-09-2008, 02:58 PM
I have several pressure cookers of various sizes. A large one for canning and smaller ones for cooking. I had a pork butt that wasn't getting done in time for company, so finished it off in the pressure cooker. Only took 20 minutes and it pulled like a champ :msn-wink:. Keith

Keith,
Do you have a "shelf" in yours?

I am reading more and more about either keeping things up of the bottom (so as not to braise) as well as a shelf (with holes) in between meats on bottom, veggies on top.

Any cook book suggestions by anyone?

Bassman
03-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Keith,
Do you have a "shelf" in yours?

I am reading more and more about either keeping things up of the bottom (so as not to braise) as well as a shelf (with holes) in between meats on bottom, veggies on top.

Any cook book suggestions by anyone?

Only the largest one has the divider in it. It's useful for canning as it keeps the glass jars off the bottom. Keep in mind the pressure cooker is not a gourmet cooker. It gets it done fast and tenderizes tough cuts of meat. You know, the right tool for the right job :msn-wink:. Keith

welder
06-07-2008, 09:57 AM
they wwok great for quick meals

Willkat98
06-07-2008, 12:37 PM
I still haven't popped the cherry on mine yet.

I expect to in the summer though, quick and easy and won't heat the house much.

BlazerQue
06-07-2008, 12:45 PM
I don't have one, but my grandmother used to use one with amazing results, and my mother wasn't too shabby with one either.