PDA

View Full Version : The Queens Platter

Hell Fire Grill
09-16-2009, 10:50 PM
I cooked a little something for the wife for her birthday diner.
The steaks have garlic-butter, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper on them and the shrimp got a little teriyaki.

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr119/Cacus/unknown584.jpg

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr119/Cacus/unknown593.jpg

The camera got a little off center in the heat of the moment.
http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr119/Cacus/unknown605.jpg

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr119/Cacus/unknown609.jpg

chef schwantz
09-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Are all steaks out in WA so small?

BluDawg
09-17-2009, 12:27 AM
She is one lucky woman,those are so nice steaks.Good looking plate of food. ya made me hungry.

BigAL
09-17-2009, 06:11 AM
:wow:Nice look'n food!:drooling::drooling::drooling: How thick are those t-bones? 2"? Sure looks good!:thumbs up:

Hell Fire Grill
09-17-2009, 07:24 AM

Tough crowd over here.

Hell Fire Grill
09-17-2009, 07:27 AM
:wow:Nice look'n food!:drooling::drooling::drooling: How thick are those t-bones? 2"? Sure looks good!:thumbs up:

They WERE 1-1/2". I dont have the skilz for 2"ers.

Thanks for the complements folks.

Joneser
09-17-2009, 07:30 AM
Nice looking dinner....
That's my kinda steak!

smokin vernon
09-17-2009, 10:15 AM
:drooling:I would like that for my birthday dinner anytime:drooling:

SmokyOkie
09-17-2009, 11:21 AM

Saller steaks are almost always more tender. You know, smaller animal, smaller muscle fiber. When I buy who;e ribeye sub primals, I always look for one under 12#. Most are in the 15# range.

Tough crowd over here.

Don't worry about him, he'll grow on you, and I'm sure he means no harms. It's prolly his way of welcoming you.:msn-wink:

Great lookin grub, and I just gotta luv that red kettle and the stool next to it as well. Its Americana!

Umpa
09-17-2009, 11:26 AM
They WERE 1-1/2". I dont have the skilz for 2"ers.

sure you do... get em nice and crispy and toss em in the oven on 400 or so.. good and cooked however you want it without being Caramelized (high tech cooking word for burnt...means i can charge extra for messing up..ha)

SmokyOkie
09-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Or you can grill them until they look good on the outside and then move them to indirect heat a nd let them rest until done to taste on the inside.

Just check them with a thermo.

It really isn't any different than cooking a thinner one.....Oh yeah, Tbonz. On the thicker ones, stand them on end over direct heat for about 5 minute, then proceed.

BigAL
09-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Oh yeah, Tbonz. On the thicker ones, stand them on end over direct heat for about 5 minute, then proceed.

Why? So all meat is med-rare near thick bone? To "push" "flavor" up into meat? So the dog gets grill marks, too?:shrug:

BluDawg
09-17-2009, 01:14 PM

He Has been known to step on his "Handle" a time or two. But he's a "first class forker"and an all around nice guy.:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

SmokyOkie
09-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Why? So all meat is med-rare near thick bone? To "push" "flavor" up into meat? So the dog gets grill marks, too?:shrug:

It'l make the steak cook evenly, even near the bone. I think it may improve the flavoer as well, but there's really no way to know.

The Italians do what they call Bistecca alla fiorentina. They cook 4 inchers ( 4 fingers) and they have exact times on each side and on end. I have that written down somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

He Has been known to step on his "Handle" a time or two. But he's a "first class forker"and an all around nice guy.:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:Welllll I don't know if I'd go that far.:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha 0:

BigAL
09-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Great info, Tim.:thumbs up: 4" steaks?:wow:

Thanks!:thumbs up:

PigCicles
09-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Man O Man! Looks good to me. The Mrs got a first class dinner for her B-Day for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Hell Fire Grill
09-17-2009, 03:47 PM
sure you do... get em nice and crispy and toss em in the oven on 400 or so.. good and cooked however you want it without being Caramelized (high tech cooking word for burnt...means i can charge extra for messing up..ha)

You must be thinking of that white box shaped thing in the kitchen. I dont know how to operate it but my wife does.

californiasmokin
09-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Nice meal!

Hope she enjoyed it:thumbs up:

BYBBQ
09-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Great lookin' meal.:thumbs up:

tomshoots
09-17-2009, 09:13 PM
I cooked a little something for the wife for her birthday diner.
The steaks have garlic-butter, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper on them and the shrimp got a little teriyaki.

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr119/Cacus/unknown584.jpg

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr119/Cacus/unknown593.jpg

The camera got a little off center in the heat of the moment.
http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr119/Cacus/unknown605.jpg

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr119/Cacus/unknown609.jpg

Or you can grill them until they look good on the outside and then move them to indirect heat a nd let them rest until done to taste on the inside.

Just check them with a thermo.

It really isn't any different than cooking a thinner one.....Oh yeah, Tbonz. On the thicker ones, stand them on end over direct heat for about 5 minute, then proceed.

Hey now guy, be gentle on my fellow WASHINGTON state BBQ'r.

Where exactly ya from newbie Hells Fire? I'm near Monroe/Everett area myself. Welcome to the Q-joint :thumbs up: Don't pay attention to these clowns, it's all love at the Q circus!

Those are AWESOME looking t-bones, (of course not as thick as my Rib-eyes I'm doing tonight) grins.

Mid-west guys, I'll match our Smallest Seattle Salmon against any of your native Oklahoma salmons any day.........he heh:smack:

Old pictures, but this is how I roll in HeapsOmeats House, and will do again tonight.

I just got another whole 15 pound boneless ribeye for $4.59 a pound, pulled out some old stuff from the freezer to make room, here's how we cut Fred Flintstone 2-3" Ribeyes at my house. Those are 4" tiles on the green counter-top for scale and back when I picked up Four 15 pound slabs of ribeye for 60#'s in this photo.

:wow:

No that's not a quart of milk. :D

Cast iron seared, then finish on the BBQ low and slow, while slicing some thin 'taters to fry in the beef fat in the cast iron pan............drool.

Dinner's in two hours, gotta start slicing stuff!

Hell Fire, Dude! I don't usually advertise, but I got a birthday coming up...Oct. 28, if ya wanna mark your calender. More of a rib eye man, but T-Bonz will do!:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: Seriously, good lookin' grub:drooling:!!

Tim, "Or you can grill them until they look good on the outside and then move them to indirect heat a nd let them rest until done to taste on the inside." Agreed, and I like to toss in a small chunk of pecan or mesquite while resting in indirect.

Heap, Hells, I'm Seattle born myself. Haven't lived there since early 60's. But I have fond memories.

SmokyOkie
09-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Tim, "Or you can grill them until they look good on the outside and then move them to indirect heat a nd let them rest until done to taste on the inside." Agreed, and I like to toss in a small chunk of pecan or mesquite while resting in indirect.

I also like to toss two or three small splits ( really small) on the coals and when they just start to decline in flame, grill the steaks over the flames, then make use of the last bit of smoke while resting. Ever try that?

Hell Fire Grill
09-18-2009, 11:14 AM
I also like to toss two or three small splits ( really small) on the coals and when they just start to decline in flame, grill the steaks over the flames, then make use of the last bit of smoke while resting. Ever try that?

I always toss a 1"X1"X4" chunk of wood in the kettle, on the edge of the coals, for smoke. I used an apple chunk this time. Cherry is the house favorite.

HeapOmeat you got some good lookin eats going on there.

okie joe
09-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Verry Nice,,,,Surf and Turff nice job :msn-wink::sign0092:

tomshoots
09-18-2009, 09:45 PM

Yeah, Buddy!!

TX Sandman
09-19-2009, 12:19 AM
:wow: Good stuff all around! I know what I want for *my* birthday dinner.