PDA

View Full Version : computer stuff

lazy
09-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Not smokin' related, but thought I would throw it up here in case anyone's interested.

Need to clear out some stuff. I've a tower unit I'm tired of messin' with. MB maxed out at 500 MB of ram. New power supply last year (?), both HDD units hit-or-miss so I've pulled them to try to save what data I can. still has CD burner, DVD burner, floppy. Keyboard/mouse/speakers all go.

Plus a couple old Gateway laptops. One has bad display, other has had lid/hinges replaced 2 times, cracked again, and I'm tired of messing with it.

Assorted extra cables optical drives, this and that--and a DOS tablet.

If no one's interested, I'll find the nearest computer recycler and drop it all off next week.

Oh yeah, also a Toshiba Tivo/DVD recorder. Near as I can tell from researching symptoms, it has a bad power supply. I pulled the HDD and fan for other projects, but if someone wants the whole thing, it's doable.

Let me know if you're interested.

SmokyOkie
09-16-2009, 06:00 PM
It was thoughtful of you to offer LZ.. I don't know enough about that kinds thing to have any use for it, but it was thoughtful of you.

Thanx!:thumbs up:

BigAL
09-16-2009, 06:35 PM
I'll second that(what Tim said). Nice offer and thanks for think'n of all of us in "the joint".

I hope this is contagious as we near the holidays.

Wish I could help ya out, but the only lap top I know about costs' bout $20.......and don't tell my wife.:roflmaoha0:

Nice post, Lazy.:thumbs up:

PigCicles
09-17-2009, 02:18 AM
Computers confuse me :msn-wink:

Sounds like some aged stuff. There was a time I would have been interested, but I keep trying to stay away from fixing computers (read old worn out, should be replaced but they expect brand new performance). Somehow they keep showing up though.

Might be some interested. The optical drives should be good for quick, cheap replacement items.

Thanks for the offer, but I better walk before I talk myself into storing it all in a box in the corner.

lazy
09-18-2009, 02:06 PM
..."storing it all in a box in a corner." Yeah. That's the problem with this stuff. "Might come in handy some day". "gotta be a use for this, just haven't figured it out yet". It's a disease, just like one smoker leads to another...

We have an old pecan Pulaski stereo cabinet I converted to a computer cabinet. It's filled up and piled on and around to the point I've gotta do something. I think I'll pack it all up and take it to the recycler. Even if it's not using, it'll be disposed of properly.

Then the Pulaski unit goes to auction. Hate to see it go, but we're not using it and could use the corner it's in for other stuff. Have to get serious about getting rid of some of the "stuff" we've accumulated over the years. Want out of OK once the kids are out of school. That gives me two years minimum to sort through stuff and toss/sell/donate.