PDA

View Full Version : Swine Flu - Day 4

peculiarmike
09-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Started last Friday. Stomach cramps. Then BAD headache (Which has lingered four days, variable dull to bad). Cold sweats and uncontrolable shaking, then really hot. Puking off and on. Ache all over, hurts to move anything. Fever, ran 102 then got up to 104.3 for about 7 hours, Jane said "That's it I'm haulin' you to Research Med", 100.1 right now. Weak, hard to get out of a chair or walk. Have not eaten since day one (that's the only thing about this that won't hurt me). Drinking a LOT of water (except when I puke it right back up). And for some strange reason my pee is orange!
May have to die to get better.
It's revenge on hogs now. They don't know about my smokers.
But they will.

I'm tellin' ya this is some bad chit. :ack2: Hard on an old gray haired fat guy.

californiasmokin
09-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Mike,
I am sad to here you are not feeling well.Did the doctors give you anything for it?

Rest up and get better brother.We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

I'll eat and drink a little for you too if that will make you feel any better:roflmaoha0:

BluDawg
09-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Get well soon buddy and stay hydrated

antny616
09-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Get well soon buddy and stay hydrated

The payback starts now. Got 45 lbs on the cook right now. Hang in there Mike.

antny.

BigAL
09-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Is it H1N1, Mike? I have a friend just getting over west nile v, finally back home after 3+wks in hospital, Wichita. Get it checked out and take care of yourself.

Take care Mike, in our prayers and wish you the best. Keep drink'n water and rest up.:thumbs up:

Chargrilled
09-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Jesus, hang in dar brother, at least ya got Jane to look after ya!!! I have also heard plenty of H20 as with any flu.

It is going to be a bad season across the US I believe, stay healthy everyone.

Let us know Mike and God speed on recovery!!!:thumbs up:

BYBBQ
09-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Hope you get to feeling better soon. I might know where a couple hogs are that you can start your revenge on.:D

PigCicles
09-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Sorry about the :pig: flu Mike. Let us know if you need anything, but most of all get it whipped and get even!

See ya when you get better buster!!

Butt Lover's
09-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Get well soon!

chadd17
09-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Take care Mike. If you or Jane need anything just let us know.

BA_LoKo
09-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Mike, Linda and I hope you're on the mend. That sounds like a terrible mess you've gone through. Get to feeling better soon.

Joneser
09-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Dang, Mike! Sorry to hear this. Hang in there and get yourself better. We're praying for ya.

Capt Dan
09-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Man MIKE, I hope ya get this thing whipped. Take care and keep us up to date there buddy.

SmokyOkie
09-08-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm with Jane. I think you should listen to Jane and go see the doc. If nothing else, they need to be able to count you in the #s of H1N1 victims for the benefit of others.

In the meantime, don't lose too much weight cuz you know who'll find it.

Oh, and BTW, the orange pee is prolly due to dehydration. With all the dehydration, are you doing anything to maintain your electrolyte level?

sounds like it could turn into some reeal serious stuff (as if it isn't already)

bordpwdr
09-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Mike, I don't really know ya other than the good advice on my drum build, but I sure hope you feel better soon.

Your cooking implements sure miss you...

chef schwantz
09-09-2009, 12:45 AM
My 5 yo went to the clinic today instead of her first day at school. Care to guess at the diagnosis? $88 bucks for Tamiflu, and that is with insurance. So far though, she hasn't had it as rough as you Mike. You may want to get it checked out.:shrug:

peculiarmike
09-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Day 6 - Not well, but alive and feeling a good bit better when I got up this morning. No headache and no fever! Had a meal. Still feel weak, not my usual burly self :D. But I made it upstairs to the puter. If I make it 24 hours with no fever she will let me move back in the bedroom. :woohoo:
I seriously hope she doesn't get the crud. She took awful good care of me. Sure killed our holiday weekend plans. I'll do something special for her.

Gotta say I REALLY appreciate everyone's thoughts and get well wishes! Great family here at The Joint! Just the best. :thumbs up:
Thanks all.

Now, I'm getting some hog ready to smoke. :mad: :roflmaoha0:

Joneser
09-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Glad to hear you're up and around, Mike! Take Care!

californiasmokin
09-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Mike,
Hope you are still improving.We are thinking of ya.

Did you use that special "oinkment"for the swine flu?:roflmaoha0:
Don't confuse it with that special "Tweetment" they have for bird flu!:roflmaoha0:

Sorry heard that on the radio today coming home from the grocery store.Thought it was cute.Guess it shows that I have kids:roflmaoha0:

I saw a chuck roll in my old route last week.Thought of you!

BA_LoKo
09-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Mike,

Don't confuse it with that special "Tweetment" they have for bird flu!:roflmaoha0:

Sorry heard that on the radio today coming home from the grocery store.Thought it was cute.Guess it shows that I have kids:roflmaoha0:

So, did you help Chuck back up on his feet after his little spill? <badabump>

Sometimes I crack myself up. :wings: :roflmaoha0:

the_selling_blues_man
09-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Mike - I have not been on for a while. Sorry to hear you have been so sick. Hope you get well soon. We will be praying for you and Jane.

SmokyOkie
09-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Mike,

So, did you help Chuck back up on his feet after his little spill? <badabump>

Sometimes I crack myself up. :wings: :roflmaoha0:

Say goodnight Gracies.

GrillDaddy
09-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Sounds miserable. Here's to a speedy recovery!!

bbqbull
10-14-2009, 08:03 AM
Sorry I just saw this Mike.

Glad your on the mend, glad you had a great lady to ride herd on you and get you well.

Just curious did you get a flu shot?
Im still contemplating on getting mine this year.

Mike

smokinok
10-14-2009, 09:12 AM
MIKE sure hope that you are well on your way to taking revenge on those "pigs". Was it ever diagnosed as Swine Flu. I have an appt; today with my Dr's office to get my regular flu shot. OLD FAT boys need to protect themselves. Keep us posted on your progress......:msn-wink:

peculiarmike
10-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Oh..... I'm better now. But ya shoulda seen me a few weeks ago! I tell ya, it was BAD! :wo:

(Doing best Dangerfield impression)