PDA

View Full Version : Hot Links & Sweet Italian Sausage

peculiarmike
02-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Smoked up a batch of Earl Campbell's Hot Links and Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausage.
I fired up the CharGriller Duo's smoker side with a load of Best Choice lump and 3 hickory chunks for smoke. Check out the Thin Blue coming out the stack. :D
We vac. seal the hot links 2-3 to a package with the FoodSaver and freeze them for easy treats later, do the same with the Italian sausage. I use the Italian when I make spaghetti & meatballs, always cut up 5-6 of the Italian in the mix. The smoke really kicks up the flavor! :1987_food:

glued2it
02-19-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm already starving and there ya go!:tap:

I love hot links and italian sausage!:essen:

Bbq Bubba
02-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Thank's for lunch Mike!! :blushing:

TX Sandman
02-19-2008, 12:34 PM
:drooling: I keep convincing myself I don't need a big smoker (yet), and here you go, giving me *another* thing I could use more grate space for. Gee, thanks! :mad: ;)

I've never tried smoking the J-ville links, but I will, now! And thanks for the hot links idea! Usually I'm grilling links, but I'll have to try this later.

BrisketRex
02-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Lotta links there............they look real good too!!

Rob--If you ever decide to get a smoker, eventhough the kettles do a great job of smokin, I highly recommend a WSM!! You'll love it!

Bbq Bubba
02-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Rob, smoking sausage over grilling give's them a whole different flavor profile, gotta try it bro!!