PDA

View Full Version : Wood wanted

Boss Cooker
08-15-2009, 09:00 AM
I will be going to Arkansas in a week for a kayak vacation. While there or on the way I would like to get a load of fruit and pecan wood. I will have a large trailer and am looking for a cord.

PigCicles
08-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Sorry I can't help you with your quest, but I've been saying for years that I need more wood :blushing:

cabinetmaker
08-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Not sure about Arkansas, but Pecan is usually plentiful in the Tulsa area. We're about 3 hrs from nw Ark.

chef schwantz
08-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Good wood is harder to find the older you get. One should never pass by the opportunity to use it as much as possible. You may take its availability for granted when you are younger, but before you know it, its harder to get.:msn-wink::msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
08-15-2009, 10:38 PM
If you want to come to Tulsa, I can hook you up with pecan wood for about $100/cord.

Short one can attest to the quality.

peculiarmike
08-16-2009, 08:54 AM
I'll testify. Short One gave me some of the pecan he bought at Tulsa and it is nice wood, about 18"-20" splits.
Just wish I could get more wood. :shrug:

Short One
08-16-2009, 04:19 PM
What Okie said. The wood was well seasoned and ready to use. If you have a splitter available the fellow might even cut you a deal if he doesn't have to split it. Just make sure Okie is around to take you out to the wood pile, it's in BFE, Okalahoma. :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: Love the pecan smoke and the UDS also likes it. Haven't fired Buela with it yet but will soon as my daughter is getting married Sept. 5 and want me to smoke the reception meal. Something like 15 whole loins to serve the guests.:wow:

SmokyOkie
08-16-2009, 04:29 PM
I'll testify. Short One gave me some of the pecan he bought at Tulsa and it is nice wood, about 18"-20" splits.
Just wish I could get more wood. :shrug:

Say the word!

What Okie said. The wood was well seasoned and ready to use. If you have a splitter available the fellow might even cut you a deal if he doesn't have to split it. Just make sure Okie is around to take you out to the wood pile, it's in BFE, Okalahoma. :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: Love the pecan smoke and the UDS also likes it. Haven't fired Buela with it yet but will soon as my daughter is getting married Sept. 5 and want me to smoke the reception meal. Something like 15 whole loins to serve the guests.:wow:

Well congratulations Steve and Rhonda!

peculiarmike
08-17-2009, 12:34 AM
[quote=SmokyOkie;47691]Say the word!quote]

Ummmm....... you missed the innuendo. :blushing: :shrug:

SmokyOkie
08-17-2009, 11:31 AM
[quote=SmokyOkie;47691]Say the word!quote]

Ummmm....... you missed the innuendo. :blushing: :shrug:

:blushing: I think I missed the whole post.