PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: 55 gallon drum

Old Hippie
08-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Open end, good condition, no chemicals, per Basic Drum Smoker (UDS) specifications.
Spartanburg, SC (upstate area)
Send me a private message.
TIA

cabinetmaker
08-15-2009, 08:03 AM
I get mine at a local place that reconditions them. Maybe there is some one local to you that does it to. Check your local yellow pages, or put an ad on Craigslist. I would gladly send ya one, but shipping probably wouln't be cheap.:twocents:

PigCicles
08-15-2009, 09:36 AM
I don't know what you have available in your area but check with any food processing places. Also check some of the flea markets and as mentioned your phone book for any possible reconditioners. It would be cool to get one you didn't have to spend the time to burn hard and grind out (no liner).

Best to ya in your search.

BluDawg
08-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Howdy Hippie, I live way out in the middle of gods country 40 miles from the closest anything.I to have been lookin for the same thing well yesterday I hit pay dirt. A reconditioned open headIt's a 100mi. away over In Waco but I got to go up their on Fri.so I'm grinnin like a mule eatin briars. I called a bulk oil suppplier $35.00 .

SmokyOkie
08-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Google steel drums and then the name of the nearest city. You'll find them.

Old Hippie
08-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Took me awhile but I found one FREE! This guy even helped load it on my trailer.
For some funny reason, the grass was all dead around it even with all the rain we've had this year. Go figure.....
I can't wait to get it smokin'. Got to be a much healthier way of cookin' than all the stuff I been eatin'.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff72/bbq-brethren/misc/hazardous_drum-3.jpg

SmokyOkie
08-18-2009, 01:53 PM
:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::r oflmaoha0:

1FUNVET
08-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Took me awhile but I found one FREE! This guy even helped load it on my trailer.
For some funny reason, the grass was all dead around it even with all the rain we've had this year. Go figure.....
I can't wait to get it smokin'. Got to be a much healthier way of cookin' than all the stuff I been eatin'.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff72/bbq-brethren/misc/hazardous_drum-3.jpg

Bet it does not need a burn out for the inside :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

gkainz
08-19-2009, 01:48 PM
LOL! That's funny. I was actually going to post a link to Rocky Flats, out here near my place - shut down/decomissioned nuclear facility.

Old Hippie
08-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Bet it does not need a burn out for the inside
Yea it did, had about an inch of some sort of greenish day-glo stuff on the sides. Looked like that stuff in the movie Ghostbusters.

Another funny thing happened. When I was burning it out, all the squirrels and birds in the tree right above the drum fell out of the tree and broke their necks. Go figure...........

silver-bullet
08-19-2009, 06:46 PM
So when you burned it out did you cop a BUZZ :D:D
From one old Hippie to another good luck to ya Bro
And when you get it going, I want what your smokin :msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
08-19-2009, 08:57 PM
:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: