PDA

View Full Version : new gig...perhaps...

Umpa
08-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Don't know if this is the right place or not to post.. move if you need to...

Well.. I have been working in the food biz for 17 years. and the last 10 i have been with the same company (minus a brief hiatus while chasing the golden carrot..). My GM is a great friend of mine and we have talked about doing our own thing at some point.. go figure.. I wanna do Que.. anyway..

a friend came by to see me. he does the que as well. i had been talking to him about taggin along for some vending and comps this year. i thought he was just coming by to give me his sked. nope. he was opening a new que joint and was looking for some managers, or back up help..whatever..

well he opened... it settled and now he has some room. All ready looking at a 2nd location, a commissary to run the catering out of and maybe a spot in downtown at a certain go left hall of fame.. so the biz is great.

Now the job that i have now is finally gonna do all the stuff that it has needed to do to the building for years.. new tv's, new games, new everything. (huge sports bar...) something that i have been wanting to see for a lonnnnnnggg time.

then the phone rings.. what to do..? thinking i'm gonna be pimpin the que for someone else. and thats great. i'll get well paid to blend the hobby and the passion with the profession. the downside is that i have poured myself into the current gig for a decade. but time to move on i think. we'll see. meeting with the bbq bubba tomorrow night.

so fingers crossed.. see how the meeting goes...

SmokyOkie
08-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Change is good if its for the better. Stack 'em both up and see what they look like.

Sounds like the new deal is closer to what you are wanting to do, but then, the old one has a little more history.

Good luck.

Butt Lover's
08-11-2009, 06:48 AM
Do it if it's what you want. I just quit my job of ten years because I wanted to do something else and it felt great. Do what you want to do and what will make you happy - life is to short!

BluDawg
08-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Hey Umpa Makin A move can Be scarey, but in the food business change can be very good as it promotes creativity(mojo kind a thing). Like I always say "if you do what you love you will never work a day in your life ."

Umpa
08-11-2009, 12:41 PM
[quote="if you do what you love you will never work a day in your life ."[/quote]

well I have been working way too long then!! :msn-wink: