PDA

View Full Version : Raichlen's cooking on a Competitor!

SmokyOkie
08-06-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm watching a recorded episode of Steven Raichlen's "Primal Grill" and he is smoking a duck in a Backwoods Competitor model smoker.

I though I saw one in the background in another episode, so I asked Mike ( the Backwoods dude) and he aid that he didn't buy one from him. He also denied giving him one.

I also noticed that they had removed the Backwoods decal from the front.

I guess even Mr./ Raichlen knows a good quality smoke when he sees one.:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

PigCicles
08-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Well if it's on loan, then maybe you should hit him up to purchase one from you. :msn-wink:

Can't blame the man for wanting to do it right when he can.

SmokyOkie
08-06-2009, 10:39 PM
I imagine that Workman press ( Raichlen's publisher) bought it form somebody. I can't imagine that anyone would loan him one.

It was funny, he called the water pan a drip pan and after putting a whole 4 cups of water in it, he explained that it was to keep the drippings from catching fire. then he explained how the stack shutter was to be used to control temperature.

chef schwantz
08-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Don't know this guy you keep talking about, but it sound like he knows about as much about bbq and grilling as Martha Stewart. I gotta wonder why you are watching, for pure entertainment?

BluDawg
08-07-2009, 01:30 AM
The guy can't cook without slatherin some kind of a sauce all over his food,that there tells me right off the quality of the stuff commin of is fire aint to good ,if he has to cover it up. He's "The Bozo of Q." He's good for a laugh.

peculiarmike
08-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Well, SOMEONE was cooking a duck.
He couldn't cook a hotdog on his own.

SmokyOkie
08-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Don't know this guy you keep talking about, but it sound like he knows about as much about bbq and grilling as Martha Stewart. I gotta wonder why you are watching, for pure entertainment?

I watch it for the same reason I watch most cooking shows. A certain amount for new ideas, and a certain amount to catch their faux pas.

Look up BBQ university, BBQ Bible or The Primal Grill. You'll find him. He's written a few books about BBQ and grilling, and he's had a couple different shows that are usually run on PBS or the local college's TV station.