PDA

View Full Version : Honey Glazed Chicken

silver-bullet
07-30-2009, 11:45 AM
Here is something for the day's when you just want to "Keep it simple" yet make something REALLY GOOD !

Get some Durkee Grill Creations St Louis Style Chicken & Rib Rub
Apply to both sides of chicken pieces. Smoke/grill over apple wood,(Pellets) Just before chicken is ready to be taken off the grill, Baste a layer of honey on them.

I've made mass quanities (wings) for our Church pot lucks, My wife's friends group, campouts. I make cut up fryer's for house guests & family.
Everytime I've made this. Every one just loves them. They are a HUGE HIT.

Being a newbie here I don't know if has been brought up or not. Just to good not to share

Joneser
07-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Sounds really good. I like honey on fried chicken, so I'd probably love it on smoked chicken.
Thanks for sharing.

PigCicles
07-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Sounds very good Lou. It's always good to share what you like. Thanks for ideas.

chadd17
07-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Sounds good Lou. Thanks for posting :thumbs up:

silver-bullet
07-31-2009, 08:30 PM
I just baste them with a brush. Then I take them off right away. I guess I don't want them to burn.
As far as pictures go........Been a long time since I've used my PhotoBucket account. But I see if I'm going to post here I had better re familialize myself on how to do it.
Next time I make it I'll try to put pictures up

Hey Lou, pics would be great!

I'm sure the honey carmalizes and glazes over real quick, how thick a sticky layer do you apply, and how long over the heat? 5-10, maybe 15 minutes max?

Throw some Chinese Red Pepper Flakes in there as a heavy dusting once the honey is on and boy that'd make the flavors pop.

I see Bobby Flay using honey A LOT. Something I've never tried.

thanks for sharing Lou.

Pics?