PDA

View Full Version : Why I Choose Traeger

silver-bullet
07-28-2009, 11:10 AM
When Ba LoKo invited me to this hang out here he said "we have a few pellet head's" I must admit Ive been other "Heads" in my lifetime never a pellethead. But I can live with it:wings:
Years ago I used to gather wood that was laying around my yard & use it in my Weber rather than charcoal. Remembered what flavors it gave the meat
I've been doing business with a small town meat market that sold traegers & was silently drooling over them for 6 years.
I also have to admit ( Maybe this makes me pellet king!) that I've been heating my houses with pellet fireplaces for 15 years. My current stove is a Harman Accentra. They both work pretty much the same & I thought what a neat way to cook so I broke down & bought one.

As a newbie I feel like a kid in a candy store here. All these new things to try & I can contribute some of my own grill creations also.

Here is a little story I posted on the Traeger webpage
A Wife Story"By Lou Larson (Wausau, Wisconsin), June 5 2009Owner Since: October/2008My Traeger Story:When I first brought my Traeger home my wife said "what did you buy that for", "Our gas grille is less than a year old". Then I started cooking on it and it was " I'm tired of all this smoked food I miss my gas grille". Fast forward a few months. (In the mean time I've cooked everything from Chicken to Prime Rib) to the day before easter & I'm smoking a 15 lb ham. So I deciede to put a couple Rib Eyes on the gas grill. I forgot about the flare up but caught it in time. The first bite we took out of these steaks we just looked at each other. That look was worth a thousand words. The gas grille now lives at her son's house. My wife loves being my guinne pig. I'm always trying something different. Plus she loves the fact she doesn't have to cook. Our friends won't let us come camping without the Traeger.Favorite Recipe: We like my Honey Glazed Chicken. But its all good. Get a good meat thermometer. Make tin foil your friendFavorite Pellet: Apple, Pecan

:sign0092:Lou

Joneser
07-28-2009, 11:16 AM
That's a cool story....I'd love to mess around with pellets in the future.

Butt Lover's
07-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Very cool story.

SmokyOkie
07-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Very cool story.

Do you think he's ready to graduate Mike? :shrug:

Buzzards Roost
07-28-2009, 03:45 PM
What ever you do, DON'T build a UDS. Just don't do it.:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

BigAL
07-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Glad your here Lou!:thumbs up: Sorry to hear you know Kev.:shrug::msn-wink::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Won't be long and you'll want an fec, didn't take me long.......and I still want one.:tap:

Welcome to the joint!:cheer:

PigCicles
07-28-2009, 08:03 PM
What the hey ... we all have our issues. If yours is pellets then I guess we'll let you play in the sandbox with us. You have to play over there with BigAl where the cats hide their "buried treasure". :roflmaoha0:

Let's see that bad boy in action

peculiarmike
07-29-2009, 06:47 AM
Really.... Those pellets come from woodpeckers don't they?

:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: :stir:

SmokyOkie
07-29-2009, 11:35 AM
I always thought that a woodpecker was a cave woman's play toy.

:blushing: OK, on my way to the corner.

BigAL
07-29-2009, 08:05 PM
I always thought that a woodpecker was a cave woman's play toy.

:blushing: OK, on my way to the corner.

:tap: You forgot that when you tickle a woodpecker they shake/vibrate. I saw it on tv...when I was a kid, you know...woody woodpecker. Just ask Donny Baker, man.

:roflmaoha0: