PDA

View Full Version : Bull Kamado

SmokyOkie
07-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Annybody know anything about these?

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11482630&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|50126|115|79310&N=4035245&Mo=5&pos=4&No=0&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=79310&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC28055-Cat115&topnav=

Butt Lover's
07-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Looks almost just like a BGE. Is there a costco in Tulsa? Can't go wrong with a ceramic cooker for your patio!

SmokyOkie
07-26-2009, 08:00 PM
I kinda like the looks of these too. Anybody know anything about them?

http://www.primogrill.com/products.html

chef schwantz
Looks remarkably similar to a BGE, just a bit more spendy. As much as I would like one, I just don't know how well it would work in January in my neck of the woods. All that ceramic at -20F and then hot coals. I worry that it might crack.

PigCicles
Sounds very foreign made. You should check with Wal-Mart I bet they have it for less :msn-wink: :roflmaoha0:

chadd17
07-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Sounds very foreign made. You should check with Wal-Mart I bet they have it for less :msn-wink: :roflmaoha0:
:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

californiasmokin
07-26-2009, 08:14 PM
I kinda like the looks of these too. Anybody know anything about them?

http://www.primogrill.com/products.html

I believe Mr. Minion is the proud owner of one.Check his signature out.

SmokyOkie
07-26-2009, 08:25 PM
I know Jim likes his primo, but I don't know which model he has.

The one at Costco seems to be just a tad larger than the Large Egg.

PigCicles
07-26-2009, 08:34 PM
I saved my 2000th post for a Okie Poke and didn't even get a stir. Not even so much as a bad word or finger ... I'm disappointed in myself.

Go get one Tim, you're gonna have one before ya die anyway. You're gonna have one of everything. You need a very large smoke shop out back.

Butt Lover's
07-26-2009, 09:40 PM
I should probably check this out before I comment, but I think Primo is one of the best ceramic cookers made in the US. BGE is hecho de Mexico. I like Primo because they are oval instead of round and briskets, etc, fit easier. A ceramic is a ceramic, and should be fine even in MN, though I'm not loaning you mine to find out Schwantz ;)

SmokyOkie
07-26-2009, 10:22 PM
I saved my 2000th post for a Okie Poke and didn't even get a stir. Not even so much as a bad word or finger ... I'm disappointed in myself.

Sorry to let you down Joe. Which post did I miss? Been busy the last couple days.

I should probably check this out before I comment, but I think Primo is one of the best ceramic cookers made in the US. BGE is hecho de Mexico. I like Primo because they are oval instead of round and briskets, etc, fit easier. A ceramic is a ceramic, and should be fine even in MN, though I'm not loaning you mine to find out Schwantz ;)

Hey Chef, I bet he would rent it for a couple months this winter if you pay the shipping and insurance though. :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

chef schwantz
07-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Sorry to let you down Joe. Which post did I miss? Been busy the last couple days.

Hey Chef, I bet he would rent it for a couple months this winter if you pay the shipping and insurance though. :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

For the shipping and insurance, I would be halfway to a BGE. Last week I picked up a couple bags of Cowboy charcoal at my local hardware store, and they were selling BGEs for $649, I believe. As nice as they look, I'll stick with my weber for now. Although I wonder if you could line a drum with concrete? Hmmmm?:shrug:

SmokyOkie
07-26-2009, 10:44 PM
For the shipping and insurance, I would be halfway to a BGE. Last week I picked up a couple bags of Cowboy charcoal at my local hardware store, and they were selling BGEs for $649, I believe. As nice as they look, I'll stick with my weber for now. Although I wonder if you could line a drum with concrete? Hmmmm?:shrug:

chef schwantz
07-26-2009, 10:57 PM
OK, wise guy, how about fire brick then. Laugh now, but deep down inside, you know there is a chance it might work. Be a heavy beotch though.

SmokyOkie
07-26-2009, 11:03 PM
And the Eggs aren't?

chef schwantz
07-26-2009, 11:07 PM
And the Eggs aren't?
The design would need to incorperate casters. Perhaps an old metal rotary cement mixer would work. The hard part of coating the inside with concrete would mostly be dome alreeady. I may have to run to the patent office in the morning.

jminion
07-27-2009, 08:41 AM
Primo gives you a lot more grate space for the money.
I have the Primo Ovals and a Kamado (same size as the BGE large).
Use the Oval most of the time.

peculiarmike
07-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Looks like another version of the BGE. And cooks just fine I'm sure. None of those things are cheap. I keep an eye out on Craig's List.

You lied to me. Back when I mentioned I was thinking about a BGE you said you didn't like them and saw no reason to have one. Hmmmmmm............

:shrug:

SmokyOkie
07-27-2009, 01:52 PM
See what happens when one gets bored?:roflmaoha0:

I prolly won't buy one, and if I do, it'll be years from now I suppose. Always nice to think about though.

Speaking of wanting, I saw one of these (http://www.charbroil.com/Consumer/product_detail_m.aspx?ProductSeriesID=93) for the first time yesterday at Academy Sports.

It's a miniature version of my Restored Charbroil brisket searing grill.

It's just too cute no to have. I had the Okette put it on my list of future presents.