PDA

View Full Version : bacon boudain

tomshoots
07-19-2009, 05:31 PM
I do something on the grill/smoker pretty much every weekend. The wife wanted Buffalo Wings tonight but she wants them deep fried. I really wanted to something on the grill, so I did this.

Smoked bacon wrapped boudain. I love to throw a couple of links of boudain in the smoker along w/ribs or whatever I'm smokin'. This time I thought I would try it this way. The first time I tried this I secured the bacon w/toothpicks ala ABT's. It was tasty, but once the casing is pierced, they tend to leak; some of the rice comes out and they get a little dry.

This time I used the toothpicks to secure the bacon to itself w/out piercing the casing. The rice and other goodies stayed inside and moist. Delicious!! Great little snack w/ ATB's. I'm sure I'll love the wings too!

http://cid-11b41b4d55558bdd.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/bacon%20boudain

chadd17
07-19-2009, 09:17 PM
That looks really good :thumbs up:

1FUNVET
07-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Being from Louisiana i throw boudin on the smoker all the time, but i've never tried it with bacon wrapped around it, but i will. A seven course meal to a cajun is a pound of boudin and a six pack of beer.:msn-wink:

Chargrilled
07-20-2009, 10:52 AM
I believe the 1st time I tried this awesome sausage was at the gathering in OK, Buzzard Roost made it and it was fantastic!!!!

I have got to find some in these parts, he said to try at the local Walmart, that is where he was finding it. May have to give that a try.

thanks for postin this, man does that look good!!!:thumbs up:

BYBBQ
07-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Definitely some good eats there.:thumbs up:

okie joe
09-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Just read the Post and thank for the Tip.....now why didnt I think of sticking it it the bacon not Sausage,,,,Bacon wraped.... hard to beat Sausae wraped in Bacon....

tomshoots
09-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Just read the Post and thank for the Tip.....now why didnt I think of sticking it it the bacon not Sausage,,,,Bacon wraped.... hard to beat Sausae wraped in Bacon....

More fun with boudain...try stuffing in ABTs or remove from casing an stuff a whole yardbird with it!:wow:

californiasmokin
09-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Looks good!