PDA

View Full Version : Country style ribs

Short One
02-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Well, smokinmeat and I have had Beula going since around 9 this morning. So far the Pig Candy and Fatties have been great. Smokinmeat's deer loins are done and taste great also. We still have around 30 lb. of ribs and the 4 4-5 lb. butts and a brisket flat on the smoker. Have taken a few pics and plan to take more to post later.

peculiarmike
02-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Oh Mama! I know how good things Beula produces are! Wish I was there.
Mmmmmmmm..... pig candy! That does not last long once it comes off the smoker. :drooling:
Post those pics! :1959_dancing_bannan

Short One
02-17-2008, 01:26 AM
I have a few pics to post. Took some candy, fatties, and country style ribs to the party tonight. I just got home and have nothing but a dirty pan left. Guess I'll have to wash it and try harder the next time.

TX Sandman
02-17-2008, 04:58 AM
I just got home and have nothing but a dirty pan left. Guess I'll have to wash it and try harder the next time.

That's OK, Short. All your dishes wound up in my kitchen tonight. Sounds like a great smoke! Now, about those pics ... :D

Richoso1
02-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Sounds ike a truck load of Q to me! Any special prep for the country style ribs?

PigCicles
02-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Okay Steve... you keep braggin up those pics buster... let's see em.

I bet she wasn't even strugglin to keep up even with all that food going through her.

Short One
02-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Here is smokinmeat splitting some cherry wood for Beula. Some splits of cherry on pickup, and Beula in operation.

PigCicles
02-17-2008, 08:32 PM
It sure does my heart good to see ol Matt workin the splitter. That was a nice size cherry tree. Looks like you washed Buela... she looks small in the pics

Short One
02-17-2008, 08:38 PM
First pic is of fatties and pigcandy in Beula. Second is of deer loins, a brisket flat, and pork butts in Beula. Third is of 6 smoked hard boiled eggs. Fourth is finnished pigcandy, fatties,and on left side is a sliced country style rib. Fifth pic is close up of rib slices.Sorry for the last pic being blurry.

Short One
02-17-2008, 08:51 PM
And last pic of finished country style ribs in roster oven ready to go to supper.

peculiarmike
02-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Steve! Steve! You're killin' me! I KNOW that was a pile of good eats! :drooling:
You get a camper??? See one sitting behind Beula.
Good to have them kids around isn't it? :bandit:

Short One
02-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Mike, the camper in the background is "Ole Uggly". We only use it for river trips as it is not one I would trust to make a long trip. The one I mentioned in a P.M. is still in the works. If we get it I hope we can find someone needing a river camper.

peculiarmike
02-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Hope to see you get it! Sure beats sleepin' on the ground!

PigCicles
02-17-2008, 09:17 PM
:wow: Those pics make me hungry all over again. Looks like a great day spent with the smoker Steve. Great Job buddy!

Short One
02-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Pig, the splitter is one I built and the splitting wedge is 14" tall. The stick was somewhere around 20" in diameter. I sure like that wild cherry to smoke with.

It sure does my heart good to see ol Matt workin the splitter. That was a nice size cherry tree. Looks like you washed Buela... she looks small in the pics

peculiarmike
02-17-2008, 09:25 PM
The smell of that cherry smoke coming out of Buela's stack is still etched in my mind. It is fine! :D

TX Sandman
02-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Damn! Now I'm all hungry again! Thanks for the pics, Short, the food looks great! And Beula looks awfully happy, smoking away like that.

Any chance of some details on that pig candy? I, for one, hadn't heard of it until you mentioned it.

peculiarmike
02-18-2008, 09:13 AM
MMmmmmmmmmmm - Pig Candy!
Take thick sliced bacon, coat heavy with brown sugar, smoke it. Enjoy!
You can add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne to 1/2 cup brown sugar if you like a bit of heat, won't give it much, adjust to your taste.
Shortone was doing his straight on the grates. Most put it in a foil pan.
Either way, you WILL like what you get! And it won't last long. And you WILL make more. And if folks find out about it they will be your "friends" for life. :sifone: