PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found

SmokyOkie
07-10-2009, 09:28 PM
I just came across a site that ranks all KCBS teams according to how they place and how many teams they have beat. the only thing I see that is problematic in their ranking system is that the # of comps cooked makes a big difference in the team's ranking.

Here's a link (http://www.thepickledpig.com/PPapps/Rankings/powerrankings25.cfm)

Here is how your official site BBQ team stands so far with only 5 comps this year.

Out of 2698 teams:
Chix 511th
ribs 340th
pork 195th
brisket 99th

overall 211th

Granted, we aren't at the top of the heap, but we are in the top 10% with only 5 comps cooked.

We will continue to work to improve, and as always, do our best to do you proud!

californiasmokin
07-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Tim,
Just helping you load and unload and set up for the Gathering and seeing everyone cook gave me a idea of how hard you guys work to compete in these events. Let alone have the success that you have enjoyed.

Capt Dan
07-10-2009, 10:33 PM
it is a huge amount of work, and it starts days before you leave home. We are very proud of the TQJ team. Keep up the hard work and great results!

:cheers2::cheer:

PigCicles
07-11-2009, 12:38 AM
So if you only do one comp really well then you get better placement?

Keep up the good work guys. It takes a lot of commitment to keep going at it.

Chargrilled
07-11-2009, 07:57 AM
99th in brisky in the friggin country!!!! Holy crap batman, that is sayin something!!!!!!

You guys have already made us proud brother, keep at em!!!! I will join yall on of these days!!!:msn-wink:

peculiarmike
07-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Well done for no more than you guys have cooked in.
Still say y'all need to get out of OK, expand your horizons, maybe get yer eyes opened a bit.
And you DO NOT have to win a GC in the state you are from, you just have to win a GC to go to the American Royal Invitational.
Slip over to Arkansas, or up to Missouri. Plenty comps to enter and not far to travel.