PDA

View Full Version : Contest Scores

Butt Lover's
07-09-2009, 04:45 PM
I stole this topic from another forum I visit but do not post on. The discussion was on total scores for a comp and what is good. Most everyone was agreeing that a score of 620 - 640 will put you in the running for a GC or RGC.

Here is why I am bringing this up. My scores this year have ranged from 599 - 646 with an avereage of 626, and I am placing between 10 - 13th overall.

Seeing as most of the comp teams on this forum are from Oklahoma, what do you guys think about this? Is it because there are so many good teams here? or is it because the scoring is just that different?

SmokyOkie
07-09-2009, 10:05 PM
I have seen quite a range of scores in the comps we have done. There have been comps where we place middle of the pack that would have been top 5 in other comps.

I personally don't think you want to chase scores that way. I mean, I really just don't think that there is that much to read into a score. I will say though that if you look at the top teams nationally, you will quickly see that Oklahoma is one of the toughest states to compete in.

peculiarmike
07-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Yeah. They've got all those Elks as judges down there. They're tough.

:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

SmokyOkie
07-10-2009, 01:15 PM
It's not the judges that make it tough. It's the competition.:msn-wink:

And by the way, uneducated judges are the toughest to cook for, and a bunch of hung over Elks that have been up all night smoking cigarettes and drinking really don't have much tasting ability left the next morning.

peculiarmike
07-12-2009, 05:18 AM
I told you those Elks are tough.

SmokyOkie
07-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Nest year it will be straight alt rub, and lots of it, head Caountry and tabasco, 50:50 mix, or maybe a little Jack in it.:msn-wink: