PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Adobo taste test #3

Richoso1
02-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Contents: This is a traditional Mexican Adobo from the Savory Spice Shop that is a mix of garlic, onion, mild green chiles, honey powder, cumin, black pepper and Mexican oregano.

For a 5-6 lb. pork shoulder, I made a marinade by mixing 2 tbsp. Adobo mix with 4 tsp. of smoked sweet Spanish paprika (http://www.savoryspiceshop.com/spices/papsmspnsw.html), and then add 3 tbsp. of kosher salt, 2/3 cup red wine vinegar and 2/3 cup olive. Cutup the pork shoulder into man-size chunks and mixed it well with the Adobo mix, and I let it sit in the fridge for 18 hrs. Cooked in a covered D.O. at 225 for 4- hrs. Since this was a controlled taste test, no smoke/wood was used. Same procedure as the other 2 taste tests.
Results: Good over all flavor and the meat was ready to pull with ease. I WILL USE THIS ONE AGAIN, BUT ILL SMOKE THE MEAT. I rated this Mexican Adobo equal to the Lodo Rojo (Red Mud), both are better than the Caribbean Adobo, according to my guests
First pic is just before going into the D.O. Second pic, final plating.

PigCicles
02-13-2008, 09:42 PM
That looks good to me. I think I'll have two plates. Thanks for sharing the secret before you market it.

Kew_el_steve
02-14-2008, 01:59 AM
Thanks for posting your tests! Looks great!:drooling: