PDA

View Full Version : deer loin

Clark
02-13-2008, 08:30 PM
i am going to cook some deer loins this weekend i am wandering in if any body has any ideas on what to inject it with

Rich777
02-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Smoke, I haven't injected a deer loin. Back when I was hunting alot, I would slice and chicken-fry. If you are going to smoke try this, coat with alot of ranch dressing and foil. Let it go for a few hrs. at 230 in the foil, after that open the foil and pour on the smoke! Fold the foil back so the loin is exposed but not losing any juice. Season and go for another hour and half or so. Check your temps. This is what I did on deer roasts, long ago! :essen::essen::essen:

Save me a bite!

peculiarmike
02-14-2008, 12:18 AM
Smokin', post us some pics! :eating:

And good to see you here!

Primo
01-07-2010, 07:06 PM
I like cajun creole butter injection in venison.

KB375
07-30-2010, 03:28 PM
I grilled some venison cube steaks that I soaked in a basic brine plus garlic pepper. They were way more moist than the usual cube steak I grill although brining the cube steak was accidental, I thought I was thawing out whole tenderloin :blushing:

Chargrilled
07-30-2010, 08:04 PM
freakin deer loins?????????? OMG marinade and leave em alone!!!!!!! STEAK EMS!!!!

SmokyOkie
07-30-2010, 09:26 PM
freakin deer loins?????????? OMG marinade and leave em alone!!!!!!! STEAK EMS!!!!

:whathesaid:

Cut them into chunks twice as thick as the steaks you wan't then butterfly and bacon wrap them.

Treat them like filet mignon.

A soy based marinade with a fair amount of oil would be good. They willneed a little oil in order to get a good sear w/o drying out.

Don;t you dare give 'em a low and slow well done treatment. the meat will be tight and dry whether or not you inject them. You will turn them to liver.

You have prime steak meat there.

KB375
08-01-2010, 07:08 AM
I always grill them indirect to about medium rare. Definately understand about overcooking it. Wish I could pan fry it and make the gravy like the lady who used to clean of rmy mom. Ummmmm.