PDA

View Full Version : Blues Hog

Joneser
06-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Has anyone ever dealt directly with Blues Hog? Does anyone know Bill?
I placed an order over 2 weeks ago and still have not received my sauce....
I have a cook-out coming up and wanted to use this sauce but it's not here yet.
I sent an e-mail and called twice with no reply. As far as I know they are still in business...Wonder what's up?

californiasmokin
06-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Brian,
I had the same experience.I finally reached Bill and he was a great guy just behind:thumbs up:
He sent me a bottle of dry rub free of charge.That was quite a bit back though.

SmokyOkie
06-23-2009, 04:30 PM
He is back cooking comps again, and my gues is that orders get filled when they get filled.

Contact these folks (http://thekansascitybbqstore.com/content/view/12/29/) . They keep a good inventory and their prices are pretty close to the Blues Hog web site prices.

I bought a couple gallons of each when I was up there.

Willkat98
06-24-2009, 07:47 AM
I wasnt aware you could buy direct from him.

I do know a couple of his distributors that have had to stop carrying sauce, because the delivery chain is non existent.

Great product, don't get me wrong.

The last I heard, he was finally going to part with his "small batch" process, and turn over larger production to one of those places that produce large batch/bottling runs.

I think he was testing one or two of these supplier/distributors for quality assurance, but that was quite a while ago.

All of the above is not fact, other than friends of mine that had to stop carrying his line. That, is a fact.

Willkat98
06-24-2009, 07:52 AM
Joneser,

Read this: http://www.theqjoint.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1940

CaliforniaSmokin waited months!

californiasmokin
06-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Joneser,

Read this: http://www.theqjoint.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1940

CaliforniaSmokin waited months!

Bill,
To be fair,He did not bill me and I might have made some kind of a mistake in the ordering process.Couldn't reach him so I just waited to see if it would show up on my credit card.When it didn't I put in another order and it took about two weeks to get in Ca.He was also nice enough to throw in some rub.I think Bill is a honest and nice man I just would not order anything from him if I was in a hurry to get it:msn-wink::roflmaoha0:

Willkat98
06-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Bill,
To be fair,He did not bill me and I might have made some kind of a mistake in the ordering process.Couldn't reach him so I just waited to see if it would show up on my credit card.When it didn't I put in another order and it took about two weeks to get in Ca.He was also nice enough to throw in some rub.I think Bill is a honest and nice man I just would'nt order anything from him if I was in a hurry to get it:msn-wink::roflmaoha0:

Thanks for clarifying Paul

And to make sure I don't mince my own words, I have heard nothing but good things Bill also (I think its Bill Arnold ?). All I hear is nothing but good things, he has a sauce in high demand, and he has some pretty high standards of quality he wants to maintain.

I commend him for sticking to his vision (even if it makes my fingers sticky!!)

Good stuff!

I actually cut it on pulled pork. 1 tablespoon is enough to add to a more bland sauce (like Sweet Baby Rays) to get the pork to taste like it is all Blues Hog, less the sugar overload!!
:thumbs up:

Joneser
06-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Do you think I should bug him or file a dispute with Paypal? I really wanted to use this for ribs this weekend. Not really happy about this. I wish I'd seen Pauls post before I ordered.

Willkat98
06-24-2009, 02:12 PM
And I wish I would have known this Monday, so I could have sent you a jar. I think I have one left, but I could be wrong.

I'm sure if I did have it though, it would be the smallest jar, not the big quarts, and definitely not the gallon jugs.

SmokyOkie
06-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Do you think I should bug him or file a dispute with Paypal? I really wanted to use this for ribs this weekend. Not really happy about this. I wish I'd seen Pauls post before I ordered.

You could contact the link I posted and ask them to overnight some.

Personally, I don't like it straight. I just use it for the sweet and the shine and mix it w/ other sauces.

Joneser
06-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Just got off the telephone with Bill and said it'll be delivered tomorrow!
You are right, he's a really good guy. Super busy too. He told me he's raising 3 pre-teen girls on his own and recently had surgery to treat Brain Cancer. I fell for the guy, I'm glad he's doing better now. Thanks everyone for the comments and help. You're the greatest!

californiasmokin
06-24-2009, 04:16 PM
I am glad it worked out for you Brian.

I hope you have a great time while using it.I know from your previous posts how much you enjoy his sauce.

Now that we know about it you know we'll be expecting pictures:roflmaoha0:

Joneser
06-24-2009, 04:49 PM
But of course.....

Bbq Bubba
06-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Has anyone ever dealt directly with Blues Hog? Does anyone know Bill?
I placed an order over 2 weeks ago and still have not received my sauce....
I have a cook-out coming up and wanted to use this sauce but it's not here yet.
I sent an e-mail and called twice with no reply. As far as I know they are still in business...Wonder what's up?

Yes, Bill IS a great guy, just not what i would call a good businessman.

I've tried for months to get his sauce on my shelves, even had a pallet ordered at one time, but couldn't deal with the unanswered phone calls and e-mails.

Order it direct from one of those Kansas or Missouri stores you see on the web for faster service.