PDA

View Full Version : I think Okie asked for this...

Butt Lover's
06-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Here's our pork turn in box, have fun with it!
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr263/ButtLovers/pork.jpg

ButcherBBQ
06-22-2009, 06:57 PM
It looks moist. Needs better parsley, well what I mean is it needs to be picked and placed in the box different. The parsley should be there to hold the meat and be an addition to the box. Your parsley needs to be shinney and taller so your meat sets higher up so the judges get that fresh look first and not have to view down into the box.
Now for the people that believe this is a meat contest. The meat looks good, there is a slice of pork in the middle that looks like its in pieces. Remember that the judges get only 1 chance to judge and if 100% of what is in the box perfect you can only get so so judging. Hopes this is helpful.

Also what is all that water on the side of the box? If you spray your meat for a shine before turning it in clean the box.

Butt Lover's
06-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Very helpful. Thanks.

SmokyOkie
06-22-2009, 09:10 PM
It looks moist. Needs better parsley, well what I mean is it needs to be picked and placed in the box different. The parsley should be there to hold the meat and be an addition to the box. Your parsley needs to be shinney and taller so your meat sets higher up so the judges get that fresh look first and not have to view down into the box.
Now for the people that believe this is a meat contest. The meat looks good, there is a slice of pork in the middle that looks like its in pieces. Remember that the judges get only 1 chance to judge and if 100% of what is in the box perfect you can only get so so judging. Hopes this is helpful.

Also what is all that water on the side of the box? If you spray your meat for a shine before turning it in clean the box.

You lost me Dave. are you saying that if 100% of what is in the box isn't perfect you only get so so scores?

Do you spray your meat? I was always concerned about diluting the flavor.

ButcherBBQ
06-22-2009, 09:22 PM
What I am saying is is if you have 6 pieces of ribs that are good and will get you a 7 and you want to fill your box for presentation so you added 2 or 3 more pieces from another slab and 2 or 3 judges grabbed them you now have 5's. As the picture looks to me the middle slice looks like it would fall apart when picked up so will it get a 5 on tenderness because its over done. Just leave it out and turn in what will get you 9's.

ButcherBBQ
06-22-2009, 09:25 PM
After reading what your asking, Yes. I won't put it in the box unless its the best of what I have. I have changed my box with in 3 minutes before the window closes because the product I had wasn't the best and so I shredded it and went from good product to great shredded product.

SmokyOkie
06-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Mike has 7 slices. If you take out the one that look overcooked, that would leave 6. Easy choice. What if there were only 5 slices that looked good? would you turn in 5 slices and leave one judge to have shreds, or would you just skip the slices and go with the shreds?

I have a rib question for you too, but I don;t want to hijack the thread. I'll make a new thread in the ribs forum. If you have time, will you look for it?

:sign0092::thumbs up:

Butt Lover's
06-22-2009, 09:41 PM
I have a long ways to go with putting boxes together. The heat and sunburn did make it a little harder to focus on it.

Tasted great and was very moist, must be the product I have been using. It's from some guy in Chandler who makes great injections :)

Nice thread steal Tim ;)

SmokyOkie
06-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Does he fuel his generator with it too?

ButcherBBQ
06-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Not his new Onan generator.:thumbs up:

SmokyOkie
06-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Not his new Onan generator.:thumbs up:

Onan!!!:thumbs up:

How many HP and watts?

Partyshack BBQ
06-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Thief ^^^^^

Good calls mike and david

What was the scores

ButcherBBQ
06-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Onan!!!:thumbs up:

How many HP and watts?

35 amps 4300 watts, Its ran on Cummins motor.

SmokyOkie
06-23-2009, 02:02 PM
35 amps 4300 watts, Its ran on Cummins motor.

:thumbs up::wow::thumbs up: