PDA

View Full Version : Pepper Jelly

Joneser
06-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Anyone ever use Texas Pepper Jelly? I had it on some ribs yesterday and was sent home with a small Jar. I didn't think it was that hot, kinda nice really. What else can I use it on? :shrug:
The type that I have is Pineapple/Habenaro.

Chargrilled
06-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Found this Brian:.........

Pineapple Habanero Potato Salad

Ten large potatoes: peeled, cubed, and boiled. Drain and set aside.
Eight large dill pickles. Chop LARGE and set aside.
One large onion. Chop finely and set aside.
One green pepper. Chop LARGE and set aside.
Two boiled eggs. Peel and chop and set aside.
One small jar of red pimento. Open and drain.
3/4 cup of Miracle Whip.
One tablespoon cheap yellow mustard.
1/3 cup of Pineapple Habanero Pepper Jelly
Tiny dash of salt, if you must.

Now, dump the drained potatoes into a large bowl, and throw everything else in there with them. Mix thoroughly but carefully, so you don’t mash the potatoes. Cover the bowl tightly, and put it in the refrigerator. Potato salad is best cold, you know. Served with ribs is best, but it will taste great with any main entree.

or this, you could sub in pineapples for the peaches........

PEACH HABANERO STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS

MAIN INGREDIENTS:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg. chicken flavored stuffing mix
2 peaches chopped
1/4 c. butter
3 tbsp. Peach Habanero Pepper Jelly
2 tbsp. orange juice concentrate thawed

SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
2 tbsp. orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 peaches chopped
3 tbsp. Peach Habanero Pepper Jelly
1 can cream of chicken soup

Prepare stuffing mix according to directions. When cooked, add 2 peaches and 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate. Flatten chicken by lightly pounding. Add 2 or 3 tablespoons of stuffing mixture to center of each breast.
Roll chicken around stuffing and secure with toothpicks. Pour some orange juice over chicken in baking dish. Bake 1/2 hour at 350 degrees. Mix sauce ingredients well and pour over chicken. Bake an additional 1/2 hour. Serve.

Joneser
06-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks for that, Trav! I'm looking forward to using that soon. I like the potato salad idea....anything to dress up boring potato salad!

californiasmokin
06-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Brian,
My neighbor puts it out with cream cheese and wheat thins during the holidays.

By the way I like "Hoosier Daddy":thumbs up::roflmaoha0:

Joneser
06-15-2009, 02:24 PM
That sounds good...we do the same thing with Raspberry Chipotle sauce....

BA_LoKo
06-15-2009, 08:53 PM
And we do the same thing with Pick-a-peppa sauce. Good stuff!

As for the jelly, is it quite solid like jelly or more like jam? If you could figure out a way to cut it, it would make a fabulous chicken marinade. We use a marinade here that is raspberry and chipolte for chicken from time to time. It sure is tasty!

Joneser
06-15-2009, 08:56 PM
It's kind of like a jam...a little on the runny side...like a Marmalade, sort of.

SmokyOkie
06-15-2009, 10:16 PM
On toast with bacon and peanut butter??????:wings:

peculiarmike
06-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Jane just made a batch of raspberry/blackberry jalapeno jelly. Good stuff Maynard!
Over cream cheese with Wheat Thins or gourmet crackers is good.
I agree, the potato salad sounds very interesting! :msn-wink:

Siesta Man
06-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Anyone ever use Texas Pepper Jelly? I had it on some ribs yesterday and was sent home with a small Jar. I didn't think it was that hot, kinda nice really. What else can I use it on? :shrug:
The type that I have is Pineapple/Habenaro.

Brian, I make a large batch of both red and green Jalapeno jelly/jam every year.

I like to carefully lift the chicken skin and slather it on the bare chicken , any of the parts will do, and onto the grill.

Make up your favorite vinegarette salad dressing and add a healthy spoonfull or ? to it.

If you like to use honey in preparing your meats, use the jam instead.

Use the Jalapeno jam when making a glaze for meats. I just add a little Chipotle Chile powder, just enough for that real smokey/ chili flavor.

As Tim suggested; can be used for any breakfast bread.
Experiment and let your imagination run amok. Just remember to lay off of any other sweet additions. The jam is plenty sweet enough. Keep us posted on any further ideas that you come up with. Lol
Enjoy E.T.

redneck cooker
06-16-2009, 02:10 PM
The guy that owns Tx Pepper jelly is a great friend of mine and a good comp cook. He makes a great product, try the Texas Passion it is great as a rib glaze...:thumbs up:

Lookin4space
07-10-2012, 12:13 PM
And we do the same thing with Pick-a-peppa sauce. Good stuff!

As for the jelly, is it quite solid like jelly or more like jam? If you could figure out a way to cut it, it would make a fabulous chicken marinade. We use a marinade here that is raspberry and chipolte for chicken from time to time. It sure is tasty!

I canned pepper jelly last year and the pectin didn't gel right, so its syrupy. I've been using it on ribs ever since!

tomshoots
07-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Most any pepper jelly makes a great condiment to go with ham.

YankeeQ
02-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Brian,
My neighbor puts it out with cream cheese and wheat thins during the holidays.

By the way I like "Hoosier Daddy":thumbs up::roflmaoha0:

This is exactly how we eat it...it's a drug on a cracker!