PDA

View Full Version : Color me super Impressed

Partyshack BBQ
05-30-2009, 09:02 AM
This is the first time that I have let the BW's run all night without reloading at all. I wasn't going to but I slept through my alarm. I wake up look at the clock and go Oh s*&^ the smoker. I look out the window and don't see smoke. I grab my thermapen and head out back. I get there and its sitting at 230 degree. Whew! It ran all night without a re-load and has 70 lbs in it. Thats awesome but I won't do that again.

Chargrilled
05-30-2009, 10:45 AM
You wanna talk about efficient!!! Holy crap batman!!:wow:

Q-N-Brew
05-30-2009, 11:48 AM
You got to love it when the smoke gods smile at you. I bet the Okie will be along to sing the praises of the BW smokers for sure.

Partyshack BBQ
06-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah no kidding. I started it at 10 pm to get the water to a boil put on at about 1. I must admit though I did pile every bit of the 10 lbs of lump in and all royal oak.

SmokyOkie
06-01-2009, 09:40 PM
You got to love it when the smoke gods smile at you. I bet the Okie will be along to sing the praises of the BW smokers for sure.

I wouldn't want to let you guys down, so here I am.:D

How many hours did it burn Lance? We usually load up when the cooker gets up to temp, then around 8-10 hours we plan on a refuel. Did it go longer than that?

How often you look at it makes a big difference too.

Partyshack BBQ
06-01-2009, 09:53 PM
it ran at temp for a good solid 10 hours then just under 200 for a hour by the time I got home from the job. 3 hours later it was still around 150. Almost safe serve temps

"How often you look at it makes a big difference too. "

Yeah 0 looks since I slept through the alarm. I was running a loaded cooker to 4 - 10 lb briskies and 3- 10 lb butts

peculiarmike
06-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Isn't it awful when the Okie sings? :roflmaoha0:

Now that you know what it will do you should be able to utilize that for future long cooks. Trust it, it will do the job.
Do you have a Guru on it?

Partyshack BBQ
06-01-2009, 10:02 PM
oh yeah guruized. I can set it without the guru for 250 whether it stays there and I sleep is a different story :)

Yeah I have figured out that 70 lbs of meat is really on the edge. We have cooked 80+ but it takes another hour to hour and a half with just that little heat/air flow restriction.

I put a brisket a rack staggered from rack to rack and butts on the bottom.

flying illini
06-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Wow, that is neat.