PDA

View Full Version : Bone Suckin' Sauce

Joneser
05-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Anybody use/like this stuff?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/3110AcI-xmL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
I bought a jar of it the other day at the Farmers Market and tried a little on the tip of my finger and wasn't really impressed. I was looking for some Blues Hog, but found this stuff instead. Kinda tastes like something Kraft would make. I figure I'll doctor it up a bit to make it to my tastes....
Any comments....reviews?
:thumbs down: for me
I told Kelli that I should bottle my own. If they can sell this, I'm positive mine would sell. .

redneck cooker
05-19-2009, 02:37 PM
I got a free bottle when I ordered some rub last fall, had heard about it so I was a little excited about trying it. After tasting it and adding honey, garlic , and a couple others, I finally used it up at a catering gig. IMHO it Sucked!!!:ack2:....But again I dont no how half of the rub/sauces on the market ever sell? I guess most people just don't have a clue...:roflmaoha0::msn-wink:

the_selling_blues_man
05-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Wouldn't know who would buy this stuff ......... LMAO!

I told Kelli that I should bottle my own. If they can sell this, I'm positive mine would sell. .

californiasmokin
05-19-2009, 04:37 PM
I have never tried it but I have seen it in my local grocery store here in California.

I think it is marketed as a gourmet /health food item.

http://www.consumersearch.com/bbq-sauce/bone-suckin-sauce-original

You didn't find it complex and smoky?:roflmaoha0:

It lists sources near the bottom.

Butt Lover's
05-19-2009, 05:09 PM
I was wanting to try it, thanks for the heads up!

Joneser
05-19-2009, 05:14 PM
You didn't find it complex and smoky?:roflmaoha0:

Must have missed that....it might kick in when it's cooked on meat.
his stuff has a real thin consistency too.

okie joe
06-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Pass..... a friend gave me a bottle You are right it Sku;led and I have had Kraft thank you....Made my yesterday got it down sweet /tart and smokey....just to let ya know I am bring a bottle to the grand lake gig...thursday complex and smokey....I know what is in it...

Jake
06-18-2009, 02:48 AM
:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: nothing beats your own, add your own x factor :drooling: :thumbs up:

JamesB
06-19-2009, 03:01 PM
It's been a few years since I've tried it, but we used to really like it. It is/was pretty sweet and seemed to do well with pork.

When it went to over $7 a jar, I quit buying it. I wonder if they changed the recipe.

BBQGrillin
06-23-2009, 10:46 AM
never heard of it before