PDA

View Full Version : Ribs for sunday...

antny616
03-20-2009, 06:46 AM
Hey ya'll I have some ribs ready for the smoker Sunday. What should I do with the trim parts? I have seen some of you put them in beans but do you smoke them firs? Shoot me some suggestions please...

Thanks,

antny616

Joneser
03-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Hey ya'll I have some ribs ready for the smoker Sunday. What should I do with the trim parts? I have seen some of you put them in beans but do you smoke them firs? Shoot me some suggestions please...

Thanks,

antny616
I usually smoke the flap for an hour or so and chop it up for the beans. You don't want it to get too tough and chewy. Makes for some good eats. The tips, I just cook alongside the ribs.

crewdawg52
03-20-2009, 07:30 AM
I usually smoke the flap for an hour or so and chop it up for the beans. You don't want it to get too tough and chewy. Makes for some good eats. The tips, I just cook alongside the ribs.

Good call. Another thing to do (which I do at times) is to put all trimmings in a crockpot/slow cooker with a splash of an adult, malted beverage, and apple juice. After the the meat is "falling off the bones", remove all bones and use in beans, by itself with your favorite sauce for rib meat sammies, or just about anything you want to do. Let the imagination run amok!

BigAL
03-20-2009, 07:31 AM
This sounds familiar.:msn-wink::roflmaoha0:

Fresh off the smoker, they go good w/beer while your "work'n" on supper.:thumbs up:

peculiarmike
03-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Trim parts??? Ribs???
Those are part of the slab and stay where the hog put them. :pig:
Only thing I remove from ribs is the membrane before cooking and the meat when I tear into them. :1987_food: :D

Chargrilled
03-20-2009, 09:01 AM
anthy,

I just did this last weekend and it turned out great. I was cookin for a few and had 3 slabs. 1 I left whole as that is the way I like em, the other 2 I trimmed st louis. flap was membraned and rubbed, cooked and eatin as an Appitizer. The tips were cooked just until both sides were brown and a bark was forming. They were not done yet. I cut em up into bite size tips, 1.5 to 2" sections. I mixed sause and beer together into a crockpot and put the tips in. While we were waitin for the ribs to finish I was serving up the tips. Make sure you allow yourself enough time to bring the crockpot up to a simmer for a few mins.

Let us know how everything turns out man!! :drooling: