PDA

View Full Version : Comp trailer thoughts??

Bud's BBQ
01-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Been looking at trailers to use for comps. 16 to 20 foot trailers to set up counters,sinks, and other stuff to facilitate comp cooking. Looked at Haulmark, United, and Interstate 1, ......any ideas as to the better choice?

phatQ
01-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Are you going to put the Lang inside it? Double tow both, one behind the other?

Bbq Bubba
01-17-2008, 09:08 AM
One thing i forgot to mention Bud is to price the awning for the side also!!

Bud's BBQ
01-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Are you going to put the Lang inside it? Double tow both, one behind the other?

Yes, I plan to install a boat type winch and roll the Lang in and out of the trailer. Should also have room for the Egg, shelves, coolers, bunk bed, and counters.

They are also placing a rail down the side so we can add an awning later should we want.

phatQ
01-18-2008, 12:28 AM
12V DC electric winch would be the ticket. And you might as well go ahead and get the awning.

SmokyOkie
01-18-2008, 11:59 AM
12V DC electric winch would be the ticket. And you might as well go ahead and get the awning.

I was going to say the exact same thing until I scrolled down a little farther. A cheap jump start gel battery pack would poer it w/o any messy smelly batteries.

peculiarmike
01-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Bud,
Are you going to tow the trailer behind the coach? A trailer that size requires an "equalizing" hitch and electric brake controller. And a 7 pin plug.
What a rig though! Wow! The "Pro Model". :D

Bud's BBQ
01-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Bud,
Are you going to tow the trailer behind the coach? A trailer that size requires an "equalizing" hitch and electric brake controller. And a 7 pin plug.
What a rig though! Wow! The "Pro Model". :D

Yes Mike, going with an 18 foot, 8.5 wide, 6.8 foot high Interestate 1 trailer with electric brakes. Not sure what you mean by an 'equalizing hitch' - what be that?

SmokyOkie
01-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Hey Walt,
An equalizing hitch is a hitch that distribiutes the weight of the trailer across more of the frame so that both axles of the towing vehicle are carrying the weight evenly.

Bud's BBQ
02-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Hey Walt,
An equalizing hitch is a hitch that distribiutes the weight of the trailer across more of the frame so that both axles of the towing vehicle are carrying the weight evenly.

thanks Tim. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Hope Lucille is 'heatin' the meat'!!

For now, have given up on the trailer idea. It is a challenge enough to maneuver the motor coach with the lang at comps. At least I can 'man handle' the Lang and move it around. An 18', 2,700 pound trailer loaded with a bbq kitchen would have to be skillfully backed in to very small and tight spaces. Not sure I'm quite there with that yet.