PDA

View Full Version : Geek's Mustard Chicken with Jalapeņo

Geek with Fire
03-10-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm the king of simple recipes, so this aint much, but really high in flavor.

I guess to spite mother nature throwing us these freezing temps tonight after being in the high 60's yesterday, I thought I should fire up the drum.

I started with 3 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast. Thawed and trimmed. Then I took a bowl and mixed a couple large spoons of Mayo, and about 4 times that in yellow mustard. Added about 2 tbl of EVOO to thin it up, and salt and garlic powder to flavor (eyeballed, and didn't measure....I'm a hillbilly). Added about 1/3-1/2 cup of brown sugar. Then I chopped up about 1/2 cup of jalapeņos. Whisked it all up and dumped it in a pan. Rolled the chicken around until well coated and dropped the coated birds in the smoker for about an hour (or so). I didn't watch the temp of the drum, but I'm guessing it was about 250. The valve was wide open and one nipple was removed. I laid the chicken around the edges, away from the hot spot. Smoked using RO lump and some peach wood from last year's stash.

Here's the mess before smoking:
http://www.geekwithfire.com/img/mchick1/455.jpg

Here are the results:
http://www.geekwithfire.com/img/mchick1/459.jpg

Good sweet flavor from the brown sugar. The mustard flavor was there, but not overpowering. The jalapeņos cooked up soft and really added a nice zing. As I said, simple, but very good stuff. Enjoy (and sorry about the hillbilly measurements)

erain
03-10-2009, 09:52 PM
nice!!! they not only look good but my imagination tells me they tasted great too. love the simple recipie, think we can get the drift. great job!!!!
:thumbs up:

peculiarmike
03-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Those hooters look so good! I like the marinade.
No problem with the measurements, being a hillbilly myself. Made perfect sense to me. :cool: :shrug:

:roflmaoha0:

Smokin Bill
03-10-2009, 10:33 PM
I like the marinade.

I agree and gatta say it looks good enough to eat all marinaded up..with all these jap recipes on the board tonight I got to get some in my cooker. I'm feeling like some hot stuff.

Joneser
03-11-2009, 05:55 AM
Looks really good!

Fatback Joe
03-11-2009, 06:35 AM
Looks really good!

:whathesaid:

BYBBQ
03-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Good lookin' eats.:thumbs up:

Buzzards Roost
03-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Geek with Fire, they not only look good but they sound like something I'd like to try.:thumbs up:

Short One
03-11-2009, 07:54 PM
:kewlpics:Geek. Look and sound great, but will have to leave out the Japs, so the Mrs will eat them. Thanks.:thumbs up:

Chargrilled
03-11-2009, 11:14 PM
:kewlpics:Geek. Look and sound great, but will have to leave out the Japs, so the Mrs will eat them. Thanks.:thumbs up:

Leave some Japs in there so we all will get a taste, pic em out.;

Josh I want some on the pit pics!!!nopics?:uglyhammer::sign0009:

Butt Lover's
03-12-2009, 06:32 AM
Looks great to me Geek :)

Geek with Fire
03-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Leave some Japs in there so we all will get a taste, pic em out.;

Josh I want some on the pit pics!!!nopics?:uglyhammer::sign0009:
Sorry dude, wind chill was like 5 degrees the other night. Too cold for me to take pics.